Hoping for new ENT episodes someday?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JesterFace, Mar 31, 2020.

1. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dukhat, is there an idea you had which could be an interesting ENT story? Something you wished was explored?

2. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Captain Captain

A mini series covering the Romulan War perhaps? Could happen. There's a lot of Trek projects in the works at the moment.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

4. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Even if you had the original cast return and started from where they left off in early 2155 (and I don’t know if any of them would want to come back, main or guest cast, although I’m not sure if it’s necessary for all of them to be in the same place at once), you could just say they consumed water or inhaled/ingested something or encountered an anomaly that caused them to age rapidly.

Likewise, it doesn’t necessarily matter if the original sets were destroyed, since it could always be explained away as the NX class using a top-secret design created by Section 31. Although, if there were S31 ties, then why not have an episode with Bashir & O’Brien uncovering classified documents related to it? Its sci fi; there are creative solutions to every problem. Just have an open mind.

Shows can get uncancelled, once it makes business sense.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the best we will get are the novels. Unless they do a animated show

6. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Base on that Both Doug Drexler and John Eaves tried to get CBS to bring Enterprise to Netflix for it 5th season. I'm doubting that we will see any new episodes.
    But' there were talk during the talks of doing Star Trek Discovery of bringing back Enterprise as a movie.
    I think back then, there were two Star Trek series and a television movie in the talks. One series was going to be base in the mid 23rd century. The other series was going to be base in the late 24th or early 25th century. The movie was going be about the Romulan War, which was going to be a mini-series, which was different then the theater planed one. That cast of Enterprise were have been feature in the mini-series. I think the movie ideal was shelved base cost, the cast member were to old and one major cast member was in talks or already starring in a series that was on CBS or going to be on CBS, That series is still airing on CBS.
    Then there's talking Doug Drexler of letting them of using the NX-01 Enterprise of a feature movie. Base on, he designed and owns it. He will charge them a price of using the NX-01, if they decided to bring back the NX-01 in future Star trek series and movies.

7. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they truly want a broad Star Trek Universe of shows, as they seem to - 23rd/25th/32nd - then it would be nice if one of the spin-offs in production happened in the 22nd Century at least. Section 31, Starfleet Academy, Lower Decks. All these premises could conceivably occur in different places in the timeline to where they've decided on. The secret organisation existed since the founding of the Federation. Starfleet must obviously train recruits for missions aboard NX (classes before & after) starships. And well, those must also have crewmembers who aren't senior bridge staff, working in the bowels of the ship. It's just their creators preference to have them happen concurrent with where Discovery was before their far-future jump, or closer to Picard in the funny cartoon's case - and clearly a bit of fan love for TNG. An ENT-era show would add variety in the look and designs so they can't be mistaken for the others, and of course - has some historic importance if the Romulan War or Federation founding is going on around them. Perhaps selfishly for its fans - it would allow Enterprise cast members to guest star because we'd still within the natural lifespan of their characters.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  8. FederationHistorian

And I'm personally okay with that. :)

If they ever actually did an animated version of ENT, would it be like TAS, like in the Short Trek “Ephraim and Dot,” 3D models (keeping it in line with the production of ENT), or something like Star Wars: Clone Wars? Or would it be an anime?

Hopefully if the NX-01 (or any NX-class ship for that matter) is ever featured in the future, it’s the NX-refit. With TOS era phaser banks and transporters.

Star Trek: Archer is something that could happen someday, in theory at least. As could a series of miniseries focused on individual members of the rest of the cast.

9. STEPhon IT

Does anyone like my story idea? Is there any ideas to add on to it?

10. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Again, not to burst your bubble, but unless you're just planning on writing a fanfic, any story idea based on ENT is not going to see the light of day. I've had multiple people compliment me on my idea for an alternate ending from TATV, but I have no intention of writing a script for it because it would be a waste of my time and energy unless it was for said fanfic.

However, if your intention is indeed to write an ENT fanfic, by all means don't let my sour attitude about the future of ENT on TV bring you down ;)

11. STEPhon IT

I was thinking since this thread was hoping to see new ENT episodes I thought it would be fun to share some story ideas besides a war. Spool something which would make ENT more than just a series that strive to say whatever TOS did, they did it first. I'm not interested in writing an ENT story, but I do believe there's much to dive into this universe outside of TOS aliens. I'm sure the Denobulan race has their own unique history they may have from Vulcans, Klingons and the aliens we knew but encountered new and fresh aliens who could be and were a major part in forming the UFP.

12. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

I really like your idea. What about connecting it to the Romulan War and the hint in Picard that
    the Vulcans just settled Vulcan but originally came from another world

STEPhon IT likes this.
  13. FederationHistorian

I don’t think @STEPhon IT 's story needs to be set during the Romulan War, or have any connection to it.
    I do like covering that the Vulcans weren't the original inhabitants of Vulcan though.
    I think if this story had made it onto air, its believable that this would have been a least a 2- or 3-part story arc. Or that T’Pol leaves early in the season, and despite rotating various members of his crew to fill that as the season progresses - including a few humans, a few Denobulans, and a rather liberal and openminded Vulcan female - but not getting along with this any of them, Archer gets restless and seeks out T’Pol.

As for a story I would have liked to have seen on ENT, not related to war, and upon learning that Mayweather’s character was originally supposed to have visited Andoria during his cargo ship days but it was removed from his character...

What if there was a story regarding the ECS Horizon’s first contact with Andoria in the early 2140s and how Mayweather kept that particular memory as a secret, both as a motivation for joining Starfleet, as well as why he’s never revealed this event to anyone – from his friends on the NX-01 to Starfleet Command to Shran to the Earth Cargo Service - from the moment they encountered the Andorians at P’Jem.

My story would cover the dissolution of a major Andorian-Orion pirate partnership and subsequent degradation of Andorian-Orion relations as a result (to present an origin to the Orions being disguised as Andorians with ease in the TOS episode “Journey to Babel”); being warned off of further contact with the Andorians by both the Vulcan Ministry of Security and Starfleet Intelligence and the Horizon crew being advised that they should “forget” they encountered the Andorians; a romance with an Imperial Guard-turned-pirate Andorian female; and a cameo appearances of one of the final missions of the XCV-330 Enterprise. As well as the origins of ongoing rumors/warnings in the Earth Cargo Service dating back a decade of various cargo ships from various species disappearing when encountering a ship with a Bird of Prey on its bottom hull.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2020
    STEPhon IT likes this.
  14. STEPhon IT

That is great. Creating a compelling tale which also opens a mystery which reveals more of the character - Mayweather. I think the better Star Trek stories are when it's not Earth related; your story pushing it out there into space.

I think the Romulan / Federation War should be the acts of legends ala Star Wars 1977 it's mentioned but never seen. I think our imagination of the R/F conflict is far greater than actually seeing it because like ATTACK OF THE CLONES and the rest about the "Clone Wars" it paved the way for disappointment. However, the story could plant seeds which would be part of the reason the war happened. The complexities of characters who suffered and had a history of a dark page in their societies can fester into something dangerous and more sinister we could comprehend. The psychological aspects of each character whether its the cause or the effect may inspire or traumatized a person who we never thought could be the instigator for interstellar conflicts and could the story help younger viewers learn the lessons of these conflicts.

FederationHistorian likes this.
  15. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

REMINDER: Please respect your fellow members who have not yet seen Picard and keep spoilers behind spoiler tags. Especially if you're commenting on something that was already hidden behind spoiler tags. (Ahem, FederationHistorian.) Thanks.

16. FederationHistorian

@HopefulRomantic Sorry about that. Just slipped my mind – both the spoiler tag and that it was brought up in PIC.
    Although, tbf, this idea was also theorized by Spock in TOS as well.

17. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But Clone wars Was seen on TV, as the animated series, and it was Awesome! some of the best Star Wars ever made.

I read the books.. they sucked, and were to short.. the lead up was like 5 books, then the actual war was like 2 books? and they had an attack on Earth.. it was like 2 paragraphs.. Nope , want more/better.

How about a limited series? like say 10 episodes, maybe less a year/season for 5 years, show the 4 years of war, then the year after, or something like that.. ( Babylon 5 style)

If you use the original cast, will have to be animated some how, because its been 15 years and most have aged out of there rolls since only a 1 year has passed in show time. Now if you have like a cameo/short stint with another crew or actors in the lead, maybe able to get away with live action.

18. FederationHistorian

What we should be really asking in regards to the Romulan War(s) is how come there’s never been an onscreen listing of Earth ships that served? Or an onscreen listing of commanders during the war onscreen? We’ve seen listings of movies available in the database for ENT, most decorated captains on DSC, and early 22nd century ships sent on various expeditions on TNG. And we obviously saw the Neutral Zone map that was made after the war concluded on TOS, and heard the reference to the attack on Earth on DS9. So something like that has to exist somewhere, right? Even a list of history books on the Romulan Wars from various perspectives (Starfleet/Romulan/Klingon etc.) should technically exist.

For that matter, why it has never been featured setting for a time travel episode (considering the Temporal Cold War arc) or a holodeck episode?

Or they could do something along the lines of what I suggested,

And then say a cure as has been found for the affliction around the time of TATV. And de-age the cast for the reshot finale.

19. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Why would CBS make up some convoluted story about how the ENT actors are too old to play their parts immediately post-TATV, when they can just make newer series with new actors?

I understand your enthusiasm about bringing ENT back, but it will never happen.

20. FederationHistorian

Its not about enthusiasm. Its about considering a way around the issue of the cast being older, if CBS hypothetically were to bring back ENT and restart exactly where the show left off in 2155. I’m grounded enough to know that, regardless as to what ideas that come up that could become episodes and could be aired as part of a new series/season, it probably won’t happen. The ENT Netflix campaign was probably the last chance for it to come back. And it didn’t work.

Besides, the idea behind what I suggest is to show the risks and dangers of mid-22nd century exploration, which is completely believable due to their circumstances. They are the first major deep space crew from Earth and are pioneers on a new frontier; risks and danger come with the territory, whether it’s varying environments on different planets, human tolerance of new cuisine never experienced before, or the stability of the warp engine.