Hey, I never noticed that before....

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Aug 1, 2015.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Says the guy who's made a running gag out of a supposed resemblance between Henry Winkler and Scott Bakula. :p

2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyeee!!! :techman:
    JB

Phaser Two likes this.
  3. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

:guffaw:

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

In the Enterprise Incident - Spock and the Romulan Commander share a drink (unnamed) which is the same windex-blue as, and is (I assume), Romulan Ale. Would make sense as they are aboard a romulan ship at the time.

5. johnnybear

Could have been Romulan wine or Romulan sherry or Romulan Tequila or Romulan beer or Romulan whisky or even Romulan ale!!! Could have been Romulan lemonade for all we know! :rommie:
    JB

6. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe it was Romulan Ale which provides a nice bit of continuity between this episode and TWoK.

7. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tranya! Eh, wrong color. Romulan Tranya!

8. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The boys on The Big Bang Theory drank Romulan Ale once, in that shade of blue. They told Penny they were getting drunk, and she said "On mouthwash?"

9. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, Spock's up to, what, three eyelids now?

JonnyQuest037 and Phaser Two like this.
  10. johnnybear

Maybe his second one adapted to the alien substance?
    JB

11. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

LOL. Good catch. Against all odds I actually like Ambergris, but yeah, that crystallizes some of the problems with the episode pretty well.

12. johnnybear

Odd that the indigenous people on the planet are half naked but Kirk and Spock retain their uniforms even in the water tank on board the Enterprise!
    JB

13. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Officers must retain their dignity in all circumstances :biggrin:

14. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mylochka (an online friend within Poser circles) at Deviant Art reinterpreted that scene, flat out turning the pair into Mermen, so, technically, her versions are nude.

Mytran likes this.
  15. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

So unfair!

Thats more like it

Spocko likes this.
  16. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched "Where No Man has Gone Before" (remastered) August 3, 2018 on H & I, and noticed that beside the entry to the Delta Vega complex is a sign with "Galactic Mining___" on the top level and "Delta Vega Sta___" on the lower level which probably says something like: Galactic Mining Corp, Delta Vega Station".

Okay, Memory Alpha says it was owned by the "Galactic Mining Co__", which they interpret to mean "Galactic Mining Company" instead of corporation, command, consortium, control, commission, conglomerate, college, etc.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Mining_Company

I also noticed that Mr. Scott's little finger seemed very short when beaming in the recorder from the Valiant in the teaser, as if it was the one that was shot off, or if he was holding it curled back. And then in the first act Mitchell's hand at the helm station seemed to have a very short little finger. Was this just a coincidence of camera angles and posture, or was this the way the actors were directed to hold their hands?

Dr. Dehner's shirt has a seam on the back instead of being a pull over shirt like most of the uniform shirts. And along the seam in the back of the shirt there is a series of little bumps. They might be some sort of wardrobe quirk, or maybe they were supposed to be there. Perhaps they are a sign that Dr. Dehner is a member of an almost human species that has more prominent vertebrae than humans do.

17. johnnybear

More than likely it was just a spare uniform left over from the Cage!
    JB

JonnyQuest037 and Phaser Two like this.
  18. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've seen that seam myself but just assumed it was the zip that allowed the costume to have a snug fit on the actress.

Despite appearances, neither the male nor female variant of the Cage/WNMHGB uniforms were pullovers - they were made from velour and had very little stretch in them! As a result, the male uniforms had zips on the top of the left shoulder that ran right up to the neckline (Nimoy's had zips on both sides, presumably to safely clear the ears).
    http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x03hd-alt/wherenomanhasgonebeforehdalt0720.jpg
    Since there is no way to run a hidden zip through the cowling neckpiece of the female uniforms, the back would be the obvious location.

Phaser Two likes this.
  19. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even the production uniforms had such zippers. Their look changed every so often as W.W. Theiss experimented with placement and cut. Spock's first couple of outings in production even had the zippers on both sides, and his collar breadth changed a few times. I think Theiss settled on one design about mid-season.

20. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No.