Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Queen Bee form the JLI was hotter, and I wouldn't kick the silverage Queen Bee out of bed for eating crackers either.

I don't know what Grant Morrison was smoking to think making an alien woman with a beeface would titillate anyone.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Not bad tonight, a little life out of the lead. I like Felicity as a character a whole lot, very cute. The main story rapped up pretty well, even Merlyn was likeable this week. I may be getting alittle bored with Jimny Diggle however.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Can we call an official moratorium on the "when seeking revenge, dig 2 graves" thing. I swear it's been in every other show I've watched in the past month.

4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was disappointed with last night's episode.

-Helena. The actress grew on me and I liked her costume.
    -China White's attack on the Bertinelli house.
    -Dig's conversations with Oliver.
    -Tommy-for a moment at least-seeing the truth about Oliver and Laurel.
    -Felicity is very cute.
    -The Arrow-Huntress fight.

Dislikes:
    -The episode felt rushed. I wish they had devoted another episode to this arc to build up the relationship more. After the fall out and Helena's threat, the went to setting up the Tommy/Oliver club job thing and then cut to Helena storming out of town.
    -The dinner scene. It seemed like the writers forgot, or forgot to have Oliver mention, that it was Helena's suggestion that Laurel and Tommy join them for dinner. And then she gets huffy about it and blames it all on Oliver.
    -Laurel putting Tommy's business out there at the dinner. I'm glad he got mad at her. I wish he had stayed mad.
    -Under use or misuse of China White. She should be running things, not the muscle. Perhaps since she survived future episodes can show her being more of a crime lord.
    -Steele chewing out Felicity for doing what he asked her to do, and then asking her to do something even more life threatening without so much as an apology.
    -Steele finding that book a bit too easily.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. Guy Gardener

And what's with the book anyway?

How many Bothan's died to get him that information?

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

A whole planetful I hope...Bothans are such annoying creatures.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Roy Harper coming to Starling City

8. Guy Gardener

And every week, there's some almost-accident where Roy nearly loses his arm.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And Roy will most likely get Thea hooked on heroin.

Speedy Hooked

10. Guy Gardener

Really? Really?

Have you met Thea?

I think that wad of jailbait puts the monkey on Roy's back.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  11. Icemizer

^ I agree with that.

12. Icemizer

Well I enjoyed the mid-season final ep. Did anyone catch the first name Merlyn mentioned while attacking Ollie? It sounded like Hook. The second was Ravage but couldnt make out the first.

13. Guy Gardener

Hunt.

The bald guy from the beginning.

Adam Hunt.

14. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally caught up with the midseason finale. I liked it well enough, but it didn't knock it out of the park.

I guess the show is going the Raimi Spider-Man route now with Malcolm as the Dark Archer. I thought the reveal was okay, it felt a bit underwhelming. I wish it had been more dramatic. I also wish that the situation with Walter had been more final, to give the show more punch. I like Colin Salmon but I've long thought his days were numbered on the show and was hoping we would get a good end for his character.

Granted, with Walter being held hostage it's more leverage on Moira. But Moira already seemed fearful enough to keep in line anyway. The hostage thing might piss her off enough to finally turn against Malcolm and the organization. Hope the organization gets a name soon. Wishful thinking that it could be the Court of Owls. Though the 100 or 1000, League of Assassins/Shadows works just as well. In fact, making it the League of Shadows would be very cool and tie the show even more to the Nolan films.

I hope we get a little explanation of how Malcolm became this badass archer that can fight Oliver. A flashback or a bit of dialogue would be helpful.

15. Guy Gardener

We saw him fencing earlier, so we already knew that this guy liked old timey weapons.

16. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Awww Green Arrow found his Christmas spirit :)

I liked how he actually has a formidable enemy now. One of my criticisms of the show is that so far most of the bad guys have been easily defeated. But now Ollie knows he'll have to up his game.

17. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

So we can all agree that Tommy is as good as dead, right?

My prediction: Tommy gets caught in the crossfire between Ollie and Merlyn Sr. and dies. Ollie blames Merlyn Sr for the death of his friend. Merlyn Sr blames the Arrow (or Hood or whatever) for the death of his son. The death brings Laurel and Ollie closer but she blames Arrow for her boyfriend's death thereby adding angst and giving Ollie something else to whine about.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  18. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I can easily see Tommy being killed. When the show began he seemed an anomaly. Given his last name being Green Arrow's only strong enemy. But clearly not him at all.

Looking back now this was all carefully planned out. The big theme of the show is of family. How descions of one member of a family affect others.

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Was the evil Archer Tommy's Dad :cardie:? I knew it wasn't Tommy, and the dark archer thing reminded me of Merlyn, but I didn't recongnise the guy when he took off the mask at the end, although I was sure that I was supposed to (even though Tommy's Dad has had, what, two scenes in the whole series so far?).

20. Icemizer

My moneys on things happening another way or two.
    1. Ollie kills the dark Archer in front of Tommy who finds out its his father and sees Ollie as the Arrow. Vowing revenge he takes up the mantle of the Dark Archer and vows to destroy Ollie & Laurel. I like this one because the young actor is cheaper to keep around than Barrowman.
    2. After a long battle between GA & DA where Tommy and Laurel are held captive both Archers are revealed to the captives. After more fighting Ollie is nearly beaten but Tommy takes the kill shot. Ollie then "kills" the Dark archer. Laurel conflicted tells Ollie she never want to see him again. Which gives us our angst for next season.