Spoilers General Disco Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Lord Garth, Jul 6, 2018.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It will be exactly ____ many episodes long.

I trust that the real number will vastly improve one's overall enjoyment of the season.

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Mind. Blown.

saddestmoon and Commander Troi like this.
  3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's a guesstimation at all, largely because of the inclusion of specific airdates.

Said dates could be extrapolations, but the fact that they're already listed suggests to me that there's concrete information behind Memory Alpha listing 13 episodes in Season 4 even without sources being available.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  4. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Gamesradar article says: "An episode count hasn’t yet been confirmed. The previous three seasons all had differing numbers (15, 14, then 13 respectively) and producing a season under COVID conditions may have hit that number even further. Still, one thing is for sure – we’re getting a new episode every Thursday for at least the next four weeks."

It is entirely possible that the wiki people assumed that it is thirteen episodes like last season and released in a regular weekly schedule. If they had a source they would cite it. It's an assumption.

5. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

This argument is pointless. At the end of the day, does it really matter how many episodes there are? There will be the number of episodes there are. Why don't we just wait and see?

Turtletrekker and Commander Troi like this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's my question. It amazes me, even though it probably shouldn't, the importance of these details and weight given to inane details.

Commander Troi, Nerys Myk and Campe like this.
  7. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a former Memory Alphan, I can tell you without a doubt that it is almost certainly an extrapolation based on early reports of a 13 episode season. It won't be changed until and unless they find out specifically how many episodes there will be.

They're also good about sourcing things (especially production info), so if there's no source, treat it with caution and assume it's an assumption.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

They are. There's no official source out there that give release dates. Do your own research.

JoaquinSlowly and Campe like this.