Fun things to do with a time machine.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gingerbread Demon, May 20, 2019.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

OH I know. Go back to when the Great Pyramids were being built, and add R2-D2 and C-3PO to one of the walls with all the hieroglyphics. THEN do the same thing with the Atzec pyramids....just to fuck with historians and conspiracy theorists.

:lol:

2. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd go back in time and kick my younger self in the ding-ding.

3. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm... Do you recall ever being kicked in the groin by someone who looked like he might have been an considerably older twin brother? If not, then something must have gone awry.

Kor and Vger23 like this.
  4. Finn

Had another idea. Go back to when the bible was being written Add a story about Jesus stopping a man just like Trump...named Trump.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For a long time the conservatives always said that all this stuff that is happening now is not what the founding fathers would want, so I would go back in time and tell them what has become of the country and see what they thought of it all.

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Make sure to bring the White House clip from "Independence Day" if you want to talk them into making any changes and what might happen if they don't listen.

Jason

7. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What? That's not what happened at all.

The Supreme Court never decided the election, the voters did. What the Supreme Court decided was that Gore couldn't cherry pick which districts were going to recount and which one weren't.

Gore didn't want recounts in districts he had won, because he might lose votes, he only wanted to recount districts that when to Bush. This is what the Supreme Court put a stop to.

The final count (that Gore insisted on) was the one that awarded Florida to Bush. The ultimate decision was made by the Florida voters.

Now if you wanted to tell the Florida Elections Board not to use ballots that employed "chads" and use something better (paper ballots fed through a optical scanner perhaps), then great. Bush would have been determined the winner that much faster.

There would have been the added plus that the former Vice President wouldn't have looked like a complete jerk.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

^That is such a cool reply.

9. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd go back in time to the last days of the dinosaurs and dump around a ton or two of cigarette butts in honor of that great Far Side cartoon depicting what really killed off the dinosaurs.

10. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would just do something fun and lighthearted that has nothing to do with modern politics.
    I'd like to shoot the breeze with some Hollywood stars of decades ago.

Kor

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I disagree, but, I also don't care - what you've done here is the opposite of fun. :razz:

My point was not the politics, it was to watch what those kids would decide to do with the information presented. (And it would be done as impartially as possible, documentary style - not tainted with my opinions any more than I could avoid. Cronkite style.)

12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

A micro-wormhole should do the trick.

13. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Most of my list of fun things to do with time travel involves taking my friends and family to eat at restaurants that don't exist anymore, and giving certain modern songs to older artists to sing to help their careers. :)

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  14. Jayson1

I think it would be fun to go get inside Al Capone's vault a few hours early wearing a old timey Chicago gangster outfit along with fake grey beard and grey hair for when Gerardo Rivera opens that vault for the first time back in the 80's.

Jason

15. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

if you could jump back into yourself, after having really fantastic sex you jump back a few hours (or a few minutes) and re-experience it ... maybe several times.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Phoenix219 and Gingerbread Demon like this.
  16. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I find myself liking this idea a lot. Better yet go back and rob the vault before you do that.

I think we'd better call Michael Burnham on that one :D

OK for more added fun what kind of music should we be playing for doing time travel?

17. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Apparently you (or someone else) already did/will do that... :shifty:

Phoenix219 likes this.
  18. Jayson1

Well I know what when I go back I want the opening moments of "Quantum Leap" playing. I also like the idea of seeing if Mozart could play "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. Need to go get 90's Alanis Morrisette and take her to Woodstock to perform.

Jason

19. Finn

Meh. They would be lost and clueless. They wouldn't be equipped to make any critiques on the current state of our civilization. It would be like us giving feedback or comments on squabbles and disputes between the colonists on Mars and Ceres 200 years from now... What constitutes liberty and freedom and good quality of life would be different. Not to mention the realities of life, the history and development between now and their era.

No. The founding fathers would have no business saying anything.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  20. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

That wouldn't be fun at all. It would be like telling cavemen about life in 2019 they just wouldn't understand what the world is like.

But being as it was the 1800s they might have a small faint idea in regards to the politics of today but there would be very little that they could do to change things much I think.

Shaka Zulu likes this.