Fuller House teaser trailer

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Janeway’s Girl, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm rewatching the whole series right now and am about halfway through. It's more obvious watching it this way that Stephanie is actually a very good character, and Jodie Sweetin is a great actress. The comedic timing is spot on and she is usually the one representing the audience in a scene, like "really, this is happening now?" I'd say she's definitely my favorite character.

DJ is still kind of boring, and actually kind of a Negative Nancy most of the time. I think the new show will work well because DJ will basically fill the Danny role, Stephanie will fill the Jessie role, and Kimmy will fill the Joey role. I actually think the success of Fuller House will come down to the children that were cast.

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stephanie did have her moments but half the time I forgot about her. It was either about what cute thing Michelle was doing or DJ's bumpy road into teenage-hood.

Kimmy might save it for me though.

3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

New trailer:

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I have to say that looks pretty good!

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it wasn't for my little sister I probably wouldn't be familiar with Saved By the Bell, Who's the Boss? and of course Full House. And I'll be damned that I'm probably going to tune into at least a few of these....oh well, go Team Gibbler lol.

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it's going to be pretty funny. Gibbler is still the butt of all the jokes, apparently. She brings it on herself, though!

7. Janeway’s Girl

"Hola Tanner-inos!"

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

The joke about being stuck in the 90s is so meta.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The new Star Trek show will also be kind of a Fuller House now.

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to admit, I quite like the new version of the theme, but the harmony parts feel like they need additional accompaniment and not just be dubbed. Trailer looks good too.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That'd be interesting. A Full House movie that is a sequel to the 90's Brady Bunch movie.

I'm curious. Is DJ's dead husband Steve, and if so, did he die in a rock climbing accident? That would make their breakup episode retroactively dark.

I hope season 3 of Bojack Horseman has a Horsin Around reboot.

13. Janeway’s Girl

^ No. It's called Fuller House because that is DJ's married name: DJ Tanner-Fuller. Steve's last name was Hale.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Steve is alive and is in at least one episode.

15. Janeway’s Girl

Yes, I heard that.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Fuller House Ripped to Shreds by Critics.

Not that I put much stock in what critics say, but it's worth pointing out. Also the article is a tad misleading:

I think for me at least, this show is critic proof. I love the original show, even the later years where Michelle took over a bit, so I think I'm going to love this one very much. Also I bet I watch the whole series this weekend.

17. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Critics hated the original too. I'm going to check it out since I grew up watching the original.

Aldo likes this.
  18. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time what a critic says doesn't line up with public opinion.

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm currently going through Season 2 of Full House right now, I'm not interested in binging the whole series before Fuller House, but I think it's neat to have it fresh in my mind.

What is really fun is when Kimmy, Stephanie and D.J. are in a scene together, because I get a kick out of thinking that they are the three leads of the new show, and back then I imagine no one would ever imagine that 25 years from then they'd be doing a revival with (almost all of) the original cast.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral