• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Firebird's Sketch of the Week Series

Drawing 779 / 2026 Artwork 77: Admiral Morgendorffer in the late-2390s flag officer's uniform from Star Trek: Picard's first season. I got inspired for a couple Daria crossover illustrations after spending last week rewatching the entire series, falling in love with it all over again. Nothing but respect to my first shoujou high school slice-of-life anime experience!

bafkreifus2ikbzmvjwlzqkhjoay3l4c6nylnecsiahpoqda7bgtgjc6awi

Drawing 780 / 2026 Artwork 78: Cadet Jane Lane models the early-2400's Starfleet Academy uniform from Picard's (shudders) thoroughly awful second season.

bafkreidde7i7qnynod2kav4qlimjmiavcbov6qb2ujqz5epnja5nwf2m7y

EVA-Trek Production Update:

I managed to complete the draft for episode 406 late on Friday night, which means I'm now halfway done with the hardest part of production on season four! Keeping up this pace means I should have all of the first drafts done by the end of September. After that comes the rewrite stage through the end of the year.

In the immediate future, we're a month out from a special episode, "The Memory Remains," that will premiere on Star Trek Day. It serves as a tribute to TOS' sixtieth anniversary, while also acting as a setup for some settings that will be important in season four. I just completed a final revision pass on the script yesterday, which means it's now locked for release. I'm looking forward to releasing this one as my way to celebrate this franchise that has come to mean so much to me in the 35 years I've been a Trekkie.

As a little treat, here's a preview of the writing credits on the script... which may give a hint at what I'm up to:

bafkreidete7ldxmvndrr5jtda672k227xlf45qiw3it7qkfdqtqp2dvs7m
 
Drawing 781 / 2026 Artwork 79: Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, Commandant of Starfleet Academy, from the... unfortunate second season of Star Trek: Picard. (Okay, not exactly the best drawing of Picard I've ever done, but they can't all be winners...)

bafkreid62lrztizgdzfie5smdfoc6teqictr3mk4zk4rpkdnletqsokp34

Drawing 782 / 2026 Artwork 80: Captain William T. Riker (Retired) from season three of Picard, in the Lower Decks artwork style.

bafkreihyzps4yiqyjyqftn7nmole6jqoow7o43ufoofzkpka7533jzx4pi

EVA-Trek Production Update:

Just in the past week, I managed to blast through the first drafts for episodes 407 and 408! I had some struggles with 408, because it turned into quite a bit shorter of a script than I anticipated. After pondering on it all night, I figured out a few scenes to add into the script that I didn't realize were missing in the first place. If I hunker down, I may get the draft of 409 completed within the next few days or so!
 
Yeah, it's definitely not my best work for sure. The coloring came out all right, but my likeness of Picard is shit.
 
No, I like that art... though it reminds me of the titular Dungeonmaster of the 80's cartoon or the cover of "Martians Go Home."

There is a kind, worldly warmth beyond what even Patrick himself had.
 
Drawing 783 / 2026 Artwork 81: Yurika Misumaru from Martian Successor Nadesico tries on the Class-A Starfleet duty uniform from Picard's final two seasons.

bafkreifalwj6kv4vjy3zg76y7m6sw2fclcwzofb7eyl2qzqyhv6zfsrcge

Drawing 784 / 2026 Artwork 82: Akito Tenkawa, also from Nadesico, models the leather excursion jacket from Picard's third season.

bafkreihc55gwq4jdwpsxlon4kyjaqnf5mcf4der3zgizjhuidyruouacum

EVA-Trek Production Update:

I've managed to get through writing the drafts for episodes 409 and 410 in the last week, and even managed to get the Teaser and Act One finished for 411 last night. Things are moving along smoothly this season, something I am very grateful for after the hectic summer I've had IRL.

In the nearer future, I've gotten all of the script notes and Ready Room installment written for the release of "The Memory Remains," which will appear in just a couple weeks. I just need to get a special illustration completed to go along with the script, and she'll be ready to go.
 
I finally got bored of doing Picard illustrations, so we're rounding out August with a couple EVA-Trek drawings instead!

Drawing 785 / 2026 Artwork 83: EVA-Trek Season Four preview - all does not go well while Captain Katsuragi leads the USS Nerv into battle against the Dominion.

bafkreica77ffhpugvrn7u2mvm26evhwc4khpaafo4djpkepjf32zzxp5he

Drawing 786 / 2026 Artwork 84: A preview from the upcoming special Star Trek Day-themed EVA-Trek episode, dropping on September 8th - While eagerly awaiting Kensuke's shore leave visit back to Earth, Mana tests a new historical holoprogram based on an early mission on Kirk's Enterprise.

bafkreica2erupdy3lfw6j5orokh3z5teg6x4v37y773lvb5u4tn2uzk4ie

EVA-Trek Production Update:

First draft scripts for season four are now done up through episode 411! I'll be working to complete the draft for the season finale this week, which gets the hardest part of production out of the way. I'm looking forward to doing the next round of revisions to bring each of these scripts up to my expected level of quality I've (hopefully) maintained for the last few years.
 
Drawing 787 / 2026 Artwork 85: Lower Decks month begins... with Brad Boimler trying out the decon chamber at Starbase 80. Because nothing says Roddenberry's Vision like a good old fashioned thirst trap, baby.

bafkreigejsmuft5qawhh55i2j5mdn2fzw6m2qknxnyxs7vqfcpso6yh4bq

Drawing 788 / 2026 Artwork 86: Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road tries out a Lower Decks uniform.

bafkreiaw5p4uqsnouhhf6pxplimqxuokb46xcrvcuy4x42o6v2oj53iypi

EVA-Trek Production Update:

All first draft scripts for season four have been completed! Plus, I've already begun second draft revisions. There's a bunch of work I need to do on episode 402... so I'm kinda dreading having to reconfigure about half of the episode to get it to work the way I need.

Beyond that, I ended up working for four hours last night on a special third illustration for the weekend. The drawing is a special season three poster that I'm very happy with the final product. It'll go up on Star Trek Day, along with the special episode "The Memory Remains." Here's a little preview sketch of part of the drawing:

bafkreicsewhethofevopynx6yhutv5hgqx7zeogw4xoeluzghbwlwfheme
 
Happy Star Trek Day, everyone!

I've got a couple special things dropping today as part of my celebration for Star Trek's sixtieth anniversary. This franchise means more to me than I could ever possibly put into words, so my art will have to do instead.

Drawing 790 / 2026 Artwork 88: EVA-Trek: Season Three key visual.

bafkreiehhnqicyihph7ckejwphbkrtqko6i7klwnqkpz54nb4cszpib5xa

EVA-Trek: Season Three - Episode 3x11.5 - "The Memory Remains

Stardate 51970.4: While eagerly awaiting Kensuke’s shore leave, Mana tests a new historical holoprogram based on an early mission on Kirk’s Enterprise.

 
I scrolled back to the start of this thread. I must say, in five short years, your art skills have gone from good to great to totally outstanding. Excellent work!!
 
Drawing 791 / 2026 Artwork 89: Security Officer Gintoki Sakata in the new spin-off Gintama: Lower Decks.

bafkreig46hx4gj7qx6eelcicizkoyn52zc5czq5t2oeq54mre3dl4y4rpq

Drawing 792 / 2026 Artwork 90: Badgey's about to teach you a lesson.

bafkreiggjiopervfzblr2bfodm3gtp7xzgyvs5ooco4lmixa6dguumymki

EVA-Trek Production Update:

Revision work continues on season four's scripts. The changes to episode 402 weren't as extensive as I thought they'd need to be; added a few pages and cut a few, and now it flows a ton better. I'll be spending today marking up the draft for episode 404, which for those paying attention to prior updates is my crossover with Star Trek: Discovery.

Good thing I've got a little under four months to finish the revisions - I still need to get going on illustrations to accompany each of the twelve episodes!

I've also started to do some more work on breaking and fleshing out the stories for season five. Really excited for the stuff I'm tackling in that final year for the series! I've been working on that arc now since pre-production on season two, so I'm hoping it works as well for readers as it has for me while developing it.
 
Drawing 789 / 2026 Artwork 87: Well, here's a surprise additional drawing for the holiday weekend, featuring Chief Engineer Wile E. Coyote.

bafkreicdhnkufi32bdesz5bcd7y5o3nafzpanioajdc466tzidjrp6j3ni
Yes, but knowing the coyote, he's certainly going to try! :lol: I have a feeling the captain of that ship doesn't go to engineering because they're too scared of what they may find!
 
Drawing 293 / 2026 Artwork 91: Karane Inda from 100 Kanojo tries on the Command Red dress uniform from Lower Decks.

bafkreigshsjzvnkbhrnn65cyv7unxxe7ftlbxyouikaokzxxwst3dgtb64

Drawing 294 / 2026 Artwork 92: Dr. T'Ana of the USS Cerritos.

bafkreiasm7mlq37kwc6q7rlv2gvzskgge7gpufyawqblglxh3r75pykmk4

EVA-Trek Production Update:

I'm now up to episode 408's revisions! Work is progressing quickly behind the scenes on season four, which is a godsend right now. Now that I'm heading into these final couple seasons, my need to tell this story I've been working on now for almost five years is burning more intensely than ever. Just gotta keep on truckin' through, and these last 32 episodes will go by in a flash!
 
Drawing 795 / 2026 Artwork 93: Lieutenant Junior Grade Kimolu, Cetacean Ops Officer, USS Cerritos

bafkreicvmhnj3lof5t2ndy77rezc37ex7nvcm7d3pryo6dbymo2xcuoyqi

Drawing 796 / 2026 Artwork 94: Lt. J.G. Samanthan Rutherford and Lt. J.G. D'Vana Tendi

bafkreigvjzseuehvt4lnbprdwf7qr7gtqi2cgytflhtt5alqlnslvrjrmm

EVA-Trek Production Report:

Over the last week, I blew through episodes 408 through 411, so now I'm just down to finishing up revisions on the season four finale. The rewriting process is always daunting at first, but it quickly picks up speed by the end. With any luck, I'll get through the final draft revision rounds just as quickly, which should leave me with a full two months to get on the production illustrations.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top