FINAL CRUISE: The Last Season of The Last Ship

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Listen, I got to see Fake Mrs. Granderson get used as a human shield, so I'm good.

They don't really have a choice, as long he's still officially president. He himself mentioned the 25th amendment, so that has to be officially put in place, or he has to resign or get kicked out of office by congress.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

So where was the Vice President during all this? I should think in a situation where military HQ is under enemy occupation and the President is being held hostage, the Vice President should be involved in the decision making.

Oh, and Master Chief and the Acting Ensign make one badass duo.
    "Taco." :lol:

Now I want to enter a Taco Bell, walk up to the counter and do the double chest thump and wave salute and say "Taco!"
    It's like I read in a book about the WWII Fleet Admirals, one of them was with his kids when President Truman dropped. The Admiral wanted his kids to salute, to which his teenage daughter said "I don't know if I want to salute Truman" to which the Admiral replied "I don't care if you want to salute Truman or not, but you will salute the President."
    He had a noose around his neck and was told people would be killed if he didn't confess. I don't think his confession under these circumstances is actionable evidence to convict or impeach him.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Admiral2 likes this.
  3. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

My eyes hurt from rolling so much during this episode. Shark, officially jumped. I know one has to have some suspension of disbelief, but not a truckload.

4. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that was Nimitz when he and his family were on the SecNav yacht Sequoia and FDR was passing in Potomac.

The Wormhole likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the last couple episodes, only 2 left now.

6. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow!!! Already???

The end of the show in just 2 episodes???? Will we have a coda at the end to see what happens in 5 to 10 years???

7. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow... That look on Chandler's face at the end of the episode. I think he's got a bit of a god complex going on. This ends two ways. Chandler making the ultimate sacrifice, or time jump a couple of years and he's president.

Admiral2 likes this.
  8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, only 10 episodes this final season.

Season 1 = 10 Episodes
    Season 2 = 13 Episodes
    Season 3 = 13 Episodes
    Season 4 = 10 Episodes
    Season 5 = 10 Episodes

Looking forward to the James battling this mysterious Battleship. I also have a feeling that in the end it will be Hector that stops Tavo, i guess we will find out.

Admiral2 likes this.
  9. The Wormhole

The way I'm seeing the ending at the moment, Nathan James sinks and Chandler goes down with the ship. We get an epilogue scene set shortly after with Kara Green, Burke, Acting Ensign (probably a Lieutenant now) and whoever else is still around taking the newly launched USS Thomas Chandler on its maiden voyage.
    I suspect Hector will make his move against Tavo and win, only to discover Tavo's wife is the real brains of the operation.

Admiral2 likes this.
  10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Here is a thought, what if the battleship is not Tavo's. You would think it is, but he or Hector have never mentioned it? Could be someone else that hates Chandler/The James/US? It's unlikely, but hey, anything could happen.

Tavo is definitely becoming Ahab with his Moby Dick obsession with Chandler, and this bring him down.

Admiral2 likes this.
  11. The Wormhole

I can't think of specific examples at the moment, but yes, I'm pretty sure the battleship has been mentioned in the conversations between Tavo and Hector.

12. Morpheus 02

I think they mentioned it...being mad it got hit... Also the damage might have been enough that it can't go far. We will see. The Nathan James captain said it was NOW time to hunt it down. I am sure she will have that victory...with the other newbie having a hand in it too

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

..and watch Tavo be on the battleship during the final show down.. We will see

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just caught up on the latest episodes of this season, and it's like a bad episode of 24. What does confessing under obvious coercion accomplish? The only people that would believe it are the ones who already believe it. For the amount of screen time the villains are getting, they're sure written poorly.

Speaking of which, was any of this Red Rust, flat earth, faked moon landing, tin foil hat stuff mentioned before or was it all added at the last second to explain Kelsey and Tavo's propaganda machine?

As for Kelsey, this whole thing reminds me of Samwise Gamgee's crackhead sister from season 5 of 24.

15. The Wormhole

I think there was a very recent reference to "Red Flu Truthers" in a very recent episode prior to this one, maybe as recent as last week or the week before. But, no, nothing in the previous seasons, so yeah, just something added to for the sake of Kelsey's backstory and Tavo's propaganda. Though, I let it slide since in the event a plague like this really happened, of course the conspiracy theorists would be having a field day about it after the dust settled and everything went back to normalish.

16. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night was a good episode. Looks like we are heading for an epic series finale. Although did the trailer for the finale spoil the ending?

Sorry to see Burke bite the dust. That was sad.

The ensign guy who came up with the jamming device really is the Wesley Crusher of The Last Ship. When he came up with that new jamming technique based on something he was working on in school, I thought of the TNG episode "Peak Performance" when Crusher uses his school project to restart the warp engines.

Is it just me or are these tarot cards kinda magic plot devices? It seems like they are giving Tavo special knowledge that he should not normally have.

The Wormhole and Admiral2 like this.
  17. Aragorn

The villains are poorly written. Good timing on the Nathan James to attack now that Tavo's murdered his entire military think tank. Probably for the best they never explained how he came to power because it would be really silly.

So any bets on who all is going to bite it in the series finale? Chandler? Slattery? Wolf?

Admiral2 likes this.
  18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping Slattery is the last man standing, and I'm hoping Captain Green is the last woman standing right beside him.

The Wormhole likes this.
  19. Aragorn

Anyone not feeling the deaths this season? The characters are all underwritten, including the ones that get screen time. I even had to look up some of their names before writing about them.

Garnett was absent for an entire season and then gets offed in the premiere, along with Rios who seemingly only existed when he was working.

Other than Granderson having a crazy mother, she was never given anything vital to do. Last season she was just kind of there.

Once Meylan stopped being in conflict with the Nathan James, he became another yes man. His death was the only memorable thing he got to do all season.

A bit disappointed in Burk's death, but other than having a brother and being Miller's buddy, what more was there to him? The actor had more character development in one episode of New Amsterdam than five seasons of The Last Ship.

20. Morpheus 02

Who are all the nonwhite characters still alive?

Based on this season, I would have to place bets on all of them.

This is worse than the first few seasons of The Walking Dead.