Fear the Walking Dead - Season 5 discussion and spoilers.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TREK_GOD_1, Jun 2, 2019.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the showrunner bias--as if an extreme form of altruism is the greatest belief in a world where your primary concern should be survival. The were wandering around as if they had a stable base of operations.

Probably thanks to the overselling of Strand being "wrong"/"corrupt" almost from the start, while characters like the Clark family were very corrupt/self-serving, yet they were never painted as untrustworthy.

That's what I'm hoping, too.

Well said.

That would suggest Jadis's group have a country-wide reach, and if that's the case, one would imagine the characters of either series would have--at least--stumbled across their path. I think his savior will be the group with the helicopters, which will lead to Morgan meeting the object of Althea's obsession, and a decision to be made about rescuing his friends. That's assuming Strand 's plan meets a fatal end, and this group has nothing to do with Virginia's people.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    The Wormhole likes this.
  2. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Commander Red Shirt

The wedding was a nice mish-mash of religions.

The rest of the episode was crap.

He was shot point blank, bleeding profusely and surrounded by the dead with no help.
    Oh no! How will he survive?

If Carl can survive being shot point blank so can Morgan.

cough..glenn...cough...dumpster...cough…

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You know John on a roof top with a rifle could have blown Ginny's head clean off while she was speechifying. Just sayin'.

The Wormhole likes this.
  4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well...

With Morgan...I wonder if Sherry would be the one to save him..since they teased her talking to Dwight...maybe she was able to track him to the Gulch, and she (and maybe someone else....did we ever find out what happened to Heath???) will save Morgan just in the nick of time...assuming we even have a new season. Has it been renewed?

I definitely want Morgan to connect with Rick.... I can just picture the reunion...with Morgan explaining to someone about this reunion, no matter how dire or weird it would seem "The first time I met Rick Grimes, my son almost killed him with a frying pan. The second time I saw Rick, I almost killed him with guns and booby traps. The third time , I walked in as he used a katana to execute someone. So this....this is a fairly calm reunion for us.:

But they also set this up to easily get rid of Lennie James, or even just sideline him (in case he has any big TV shows or movies coming up).

I am glad Grace is alive....she really does have a great singing voice...and will be a voice of hope in the dreariness.

As for Strand...I think what he is setting himself up for is using that part of his previous life, but INSTEAD of jut for himself, he is finally using it for the greater good. Not everyone will understand that (among the people in the show), but I think will be very effective drama...especially if he has to face whether is "really" a traitor or not/can he REALLY keep his cover?

Their cast is waaaaay to big now...someone has GOT to die...or at the very least go off in another direction (literally).

This show just feels so random. I know the parent series has a roadmap to help them through the seasons, so they feel like they are going somewhere. But Fear...it feels like they set up something for next season, but then dump it quickly when they realize the limited potential for a whole season.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, sixth season renewal was announced at Comic Con in the summer. I think we discuss it earlier in this thread.
    I suspect the next time Strand and Daniel reunite, unless Strand is caught in the act of killing Ginny, there won't be any stopping Daniel from killing Strand this time.

6. TREK_GOD_1

...and that would have bought the group a ticket to an early grave.

If she's a part of the helicopter group--or it was as Dwight thought...he imagined it.

No. More. Musical. Interludes.

I do think there will be some house cleaning during season 6. I would expect it either at the end of a large battle, or something more tragic occurs, like one or more of the heroes is bitten.

I hope not. I grew tired of the Daniel-hates-Strand subplot in season one; he had a bug up his ass about Strand, even as Strand was the one who saved everyone on his boat as southern California was being bombed. Its tiresome, and the showrunners need to drop the "Stand cant be trusted" angle, particularly as he has become close to Alicia as the only survivors of the "first family".

7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here is something I have wondered about. Who is actually in charge of the group. On WD it went from Rick to a council. I think Morgan is the lead but sure if he is the leader. Jason

8. The Wormhole

Yeah, Morgan is pretty much the leader of the group. It's after all, his vision of helping out the rest of the group is following.

9. Morpheus 02

Noone else feels like they want to lead, and seemto be OK with the direction...even AL...though not sure why, or when she would jump ship. (Out of all the characters, either her or Dwight could easily up and leave , without it sounding unrealistic)

10. TREK_GOD_1

Dwight would have just cause--if he feels Virginia's gang is too powerful to fight. He's fed up with wars, so his would be the exit with an actual lead-in. Althea...she's another matter, as her oft-stated purpose is to "tell the story" but she's living in some fantasy world where there would be an appreciative society set up to receive/use her tapes. No one cares--not even the group she's with. She does not have much of a purpose.

11. Morpheus 02

Al is the one with the MOST potential...at least for plots..she could remember someone she encountered who said they were headed home...or someone she met before she re encounters...also lots of flashback opportunities.

They have just not thought through the possibilities

12. TREK_GOD_1

Any character could say/do the same. Morgan and Dwight actually have a history in two parts of the country that we've witnessed, thus they have greater story potential..if the showrunners have the sense to go in that direction. With Althea, its always been "telling the story" at the expense of everything/one. That makes her one-note and in-universe, a liability. The showrunners tried to give her "badass" clout with the S.W.A.T. van, because I think they realized the "journalist" angle without it made her less valuable to the core group. A vehicle is a poor way to give a character value.

13. Jayson1

They are giving her a connection to the helicopter people. I bet her arc next season will be her and the bad people search for those people. Proably using the SWAT van for transportion. Maybe they find Morgan with them. My big theory is it will be where Rick is. Maybe Rick will be in the episode and it will set up the movie. A movie that can now have Morgan in it. Maybe Michonne as well. Maybe also Carol and Darryl since they seem to be taking a boat trip in adds. Heck even Maggie and you would then have all your core characters in the movie. Jason

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took all of this as proof that he wasn't going to go back to his old ways, they had set up with him looking like he betrayed the group, but then we got the the big "destroy them from the inside" bit as proof that he hadn't. That's the kind of thing these kind of shows like to do to prove with 100% certainty that they have changed.

I was just taking all of the radiation talk at face, so I was really surprised by that reveal.
    I really hope they don't do that, Morgan already feels more important to Fear that he ever did to the parent show, and I'd hate to lose him on here just to put back together with Rick.

I think at this point, I wouldn't have a problem with them killing off Strand. He's just doesn't really seem to serve much of a major role in the group or the story, he's just kind of there.
    It's definitely Morgan, and for a while Alicia was to, but she kind of stepped back from that after her issues with killing.
    I really hope they don't send all of those characters over to the movies, we need to leave at least a few of the long time veterans on the shows too.
    I really hope they aren't killing off Morgan, he's been one of favorite characters in the franchise going back to the original first episode, and after losing so many other favorites, the last couple seasons of the original series, I'd hate to lose him too.
    I was pretty happy with the finale, using the horses to lead the zombie away was pretty good, and it gave us the nice heroic moment of everybody coming back to save Dwight. It also gave Grace her chance to ride a horse.
    I was also surprised we did actually end up with them going with Ginny and her people, I kept expecting some kind of last minute save.

I was glad we got John and June's wedding before Ginny and co. showed up. It was nice to get at least happy moment before everything fell about.
    I'm definitely starting to feeling something might be developing between Alicia and Wes.
    This was a very interesting set up for next season. It was pretty heart breaking seeing everyone split up, especially John and June, Charlie and Daniel, and even Daniel and Skidmark. I'm not a cat person, but I will still be pissed if they hurt poor Skidmark.
    That big Ginny/Morgan scene at the end was great.
    Anybody who likes Karen David's singing, really needs to check out Galavant.

15. Jayson1

We might see them in the movie but I do think we would see them returned to tv afterwards except Michonne who is leaving anyways. Jason

16. Morpheus 02

Fear might have been renewed for a 6th season...but wonder if they might use this wrap everything up...otherwise, with the movies, it just feels like it would be a mess (as Fear is now years behind TWD, and Michonne seeking out Rick)

17. The Wormhole

Problem is with Walking Dead's time jump, the fact that Fear hasn't jumped as far, and we don't know when the Rick movie takes place. If it takes place in during the time jump, you can't have anyone else from Walking Dead since they all still believe Rick to be dead in the ninth season. Darryl in particular has doubts about Rick's presumed death, and before the stuff with the Whisperers started as living outside the communities searching for Rick or proof of fate. If you insert the movie between the time jump and have Darryl in it, that basically undoes that plot point.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Michonne is in the movies, then they most likely take place after the time jump. I find it very hard to believe there is any way she could have reunited with Rick during the time jump, and then just gone back to Alexandria and acting like he was dead.
    Maybe they'll use this as the opportunity to jump forward to join up with the original series. It could end up taking them the 6(I think?) years to finally get to a place where they can get away from the Pioneers, that's Ginny's group, I couldn't remember their official name before, and reunite.
    It seems kind of doubtful, but not totally ridiculous if they end up really spread out and outnumbered.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

So! Grace is pregnant, not dying of cancer. I was kind of right. Pregnancy is not a kidney stone, but my Mother says the pain is about the same. That means that Grace will likely continue as a main character next season.

I also believe I mentioned something about opening the gate and luring away the Zombies-- which they finally got around to doing. Luring them into the rapids to be washed away was kind of icing on the cake (and wouldn't it be nice if Ginny's compound is at the business end of that river). But come on, guys, you should have given that some thought before calling Ms. Negan.

At least we got to see Dorie and June get hitched. I wonder if it was a June wedding. Anyway, it had a bunch of nice moments, like Dwight donating his ring and John finding it too small for his finger. I just hope that the Rabbi wasn't introduced for this and this alone, because he's kind of a likable little guy.

And then finally Ginny showed up to take everybody away and split them up to demoralize and weaken them. And if that wasn't enough to demonstrate her true Negan self, she lagged behind with Morgan to execute him. She fears his honest influence on people when she must rely on the threat of violence. But now we're left with a cliffhanger where Morgan is gutshot and about to be consumed by cannibal corpses. I wouldn't be worried if this show hadn't already disposed of several lead characters in the past.

Galavant was a great show. I highly recommend it to everyone.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad to see another Galavant fan on here, I love that show.