Poll Favorite Character?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by CheeseCat, Jan 8, 2018.

?

Who's your favorite character?

1. Captain Janeway

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Commander Chakotay

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Lieutenant Commander Tuvok

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Lieutenant Paris

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Lieutenant Torres

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. Ensign Kim

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Ensign Wildman

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Neelix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kes

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. The Doctor

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The EMH.

2. GeekUSACarl

GeekUSACarl The Last Starfighter Fleet Captain

I voted Tuvok but then had buyer's remorse and wanted to say the Dr, but then thought I made the right call, and now i'm back to buyer's remorse. so hard to choose.

3. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

B'Elanna. The soul of character from the talented Roxann Biggs Dawson; I could always know what B'Elanna's thinking even before she says a word. To me, Dawson appreciated her character had a torch for Chakotay or she was infatuated with a fellow latin.

Although, her relationship with Tom Paris Riker was the play it by the numbers thing because the writing dictated it that way, but whenever Biggs had scenes with Beltran, her eyes, and face shows how much she has feelings for him. There's no doubt in my mind, if Chakotay told her to mutiny, after years of being with crewmembers; she would blindly have his back.

B'Elanna is the full embodiment of subtext; there's more going on with her than what she says or acts. Avery Brooks is another actor who channels that... man he's another talent who should've dominated DS9 ala Patrick Stewart in TNG; he's the reason why I loved the first 3 seasons of the series until it became the blood and guts Star Wars for TV.

B'Elanna was a character I always wanted to know what's going on with her, even if it was those lame Klingon stories which always felt like TNG leftovers for Worf, she would have an interesting spin on it because she's the least coordinated Klingon ever. Lot of complexities going on and it's a pleasure to see. I won't dare say it was the writing because it ain't, but a great performer can still perform even if the literature was subpar. Dawson, B'ELANNA TORRES was a gem on Voyager.

4. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

I love them all but no one comes anywhere near Janeway in my book:
    [​IMG]

What surprises me about this poll even more than the absence of Seven is that Ensign Wildman is on the list. We even saw Seska more often than her, let alone people like Naomi Wildman, Carey, Vorik or Icheb.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TBH, I suspect the OP might be a troll. Leaves out the most iconic character of the show, and says their favorite is one that tends to get a lot of ridicule. IDK, I could be reading into this too much, maybe a decade of the DeviantArt forums has made me paranoid.

cosmic mouse likes this.
  6. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tuvok and Kes.

7. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Nice pic! :drool:

2takesfrakes likes this.
  8. cosmic mouse

Hmmm... the eyebrows? ;)

9. WarpTenLizard

Ugh... no offense to the artists in question, but that specific brand of "Star Trek" photoshop art--splicing characters' heads onto contemporary bodies and environments (often on bodies that are the wrong age and ethnicity)--really peeves me.

GeekUSACarl and 2takesfrakes like this.
  10. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hint...Small world

11. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Photoshops tend to be rather vulgar & tasteless, I wholeheartedly agree! Having now said that ... I've furnished this site with more than my fair share. Have I ever ...!!!

[​IMG]

12. cosmic mouse

Hm, you must be a Packers fan then...

And, on that Chak photoshopped piece: who cares if it's poor if it's got his face.... his FACE! :adore: I can overlook the spliced, mismatched body.

13. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

I don't usually "splice characters' heads onto contemporary bodies and environments" since I prefer characters' heads on their own bodies but I occasionally do it - if for no other reason than because this kind of Photoshopping is not easy and I like to try my hands at that occasionally:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lynx likes this.
  15. WarpTenLizard

I like Kes and Seven's outfits!

16. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always liked how "clean," how "crisp" your offerings are, Thomas. Everything's clear and there's a nice stylisation you have there! If I may be so bold, however ... Kes looks like she's a stroke victim, or something, in this one wallpaper. Not her most flattering headshot, sir ...

17. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably.
    A member can put in what he/she wants in their thread. It's only those characters the member selected, go with it if you like. If you want Seven of Nine, an overrated character IMO, part of a thread then please feel free to make your own. You can write and show all the love that mary sue character deserves. It's brilliant by the host to leave out VOY's ultimate show hog so members here can input her anyway.

18. cosmic mouse

This is one of the most common misconceptions that I've seen and, statistically, it just doesn't hold up.
    I agree that a person can put whoever they want in the poll though; no argument there...

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  19. garaks the best

garaks the best Lieutenant Red Shirt

Tuvok was my fave but i liked them all except for chakotay who annoyed me deeply.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  20. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

That's funny. I wanted to vote Janeway because she's a favourite as is Tuvok. But I wanted to support the sisterhood as well, but picked Tuvok in the end.

WarpTenLizard and GeekUSACarl like this.