Faith of the heart has grown on me

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Voth commando1, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree. The upbeat version makes me feel like I'm supposed to be snapping my fingers and rocking my heal. It's a bit happy-go-lucky, and feels kinda cheesy.

The s1 & 2 version is solemn, more emotional, and with more gravity. Amazing what such a small difference can make.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  2. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Ensign Newbie

It was before the UFP and the music reflected that.

3. HelenofBorg

HelenofBorg Lieutenant Red Shirt

I quite liked the music, I think it reflected the era in which the series is set, pre-Federation. It seemed a little un-trekky to me when I first heard it, but when I watched the series it made more sense.

4. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Wow, I didn't realize my thread would have lasted this long.

I have to say I am pleased it generated such a discussion.

Anyway I always loved the song, and felt it really fit the trekkian spirit, or soul if you will.

Prax likes this.
  5. marlboro

marlboro Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm watching The Forge. I skipped the song as usual. I just hate it so much. The only way I could hate it more is if it were sung by Rom.

Doctor Bombay likes this.
  6. Prax

7. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

And you simply had to troll this otherwise positive thread.

sekundant likes this.
  8. Doctor Bombay

Doctor Bombay Captain Premium Member

I don't dislike the song. Sometimes it even gets stuck in my head. It just wasn't typical Trekkian theme music. But I guess they were going with something different. <shrug>

9. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I always wished they had used the rejected original TMP music for Enterprise.

10. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why would Rick Berman want to associate ENT with something that was rejected for a reason? If they’d wanted a Goldsmith theme, they would’ve asked him for one, same as on VGR.

11. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

It grew on my as a song but as a title theme I still don´t like it. I love the ending theme though.

12. Boris Skrbic

The end credits theme sounds like something intended for a space program series rather than Star Trek, which is more about the romanticized aspects of the journey and what’s out there than technological beginnings and breakthroughs. ENT tries very hard to connect ST to the here and now, but it really should be as distant as possible. Roddenberry wrote in the beginning that the year could just as easily be 2995; how we got there ought to be a faint memory.

13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I thought the end music to Enterprise sounded tired. It certainly didn't seem like a lot of inspiration went into it. "ok.. nuther one.. heavy on horns light on percussion. coming right up. ding"

14. Boris Skrbic

It’s a stock inspirational space program theme. I’ve been rewatching “From the Earth to the Moon” on Blu-ray and it fits right into that musical family. I mean Roddenberry’s infamous lyrics show he saw the TOS theme as basically a love theme inside the big adventure. Goldsmith tapped into that again with TMP.

15. Prax

But that's what the premise of Enterprise is. It's a show about man's early days going out into the galaxy. It's a sequel to First Contact. Each show has its own identity, and its own unique premise. The premise of TOS has no bearing on that. And any ideas of TOS "could take place in any time" were permanently squashed by the time TNG started.

"Archer's Theme" was written to go with the opening credits, so if it has a NASA quality to it, it's only fitting.

From Earth To The Moon opening theme

This could be the the intro music to any documentary. It's totally generic. The Enterprise theme is much more in line with Voyager and DS9. I guess they both have a montage.

From The Earth to The Moon end credits theme:

This could be the music on any network news intro, and very disimilar to ENT themes.