Ezri or Jadzia

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by bookworm8571, Aug 17, 2018.

1. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, Quark should have gotten one of the Daxes. Probably Jadzia. I thought they had good chemistry together, and Quark could have shown immense character growth having to deal with a woman in a relationship as a social equal.

TribbleFeeder and Armus like this.
  2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The long-running theory is that was going to be Famke Janssen, since the Trill redesign was just a reorg of the Perfect Mate character, but I think that's mostly apocryphal.

3. mlbach

mlbach Captain Captain

I think the makeup transferred, but I can see problems with hiring the actress.

4. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jadzia or Ezri?

As Will Riker once said, "One...or both?"

Sgt_G, Qonundrum and Armus like this.
  5. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder Rear Admiral Premium Member

They were SOO different. It’s like comparing apples to golf balls.

Qonundrum and kkt like this.
  6. Eman1986

Eman1986 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Ezri without question. However I do think that had the show gone an extra season that the writers could have fleshed out the Ezri character a bit better and that would have won over alot more fans.

Armus likes this.
  7. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Jadzia before her Klingonization and Ezri equally

Armus and STEPhon IT like this.
  8. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Jadzia. And a side order of Julian would be nice. :)

9. mlbach

mlbach Captain Captain

Klingonization...!! Too funny
    As a Trill, Ezri IS Jadzia. And Curzon. And Torias...and the rest. (Here on Deep Space...sorry. Started thinking of Gilligan's Island for some reason.)

10. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like both, even if it's a shame Ezri was on for too short a time to really get to know her. If I could change one thing, it would be to introduce the unjoined Ezri a season or two earlier, as an occasional guest.

11. Gul Sengosts

Gul Sengosts Commander Red Shirt

I'm not a huge fan of Ezri, but I liked her more than Jadzia who I found too bland. Jadzia was always the single one DS9 character I never found interesting.

It was always a little odd however because she was this young newcomer amidst a ton of well-established veteran regular and guest characters. I think there was potential if only she had joined one or two years earlier. S7 was unmistakably the closing chapter, so the timing just was unfortunate.

Armus and Eman1986 like this.
  12. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

I like Jadzia a little more, but I enjoyed both characters. Even though I missed her, I think killing Jadzia was for the best as it provided us with more insight into the Trill and gave the characters a new character they'd have complicated feelings towards.

Armus likes this.
  13. phantomeagle

phantomeagle Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hard to pick. I just don't think that Ezri was there long enough for me to make a fair comparison.

Kilana2 likes this.
  14. gmlego

gmlego Ensign Red Shirt

Nicole gave Ezri an innocent style and Dax is a veteran being. I prefer Jadzia.

15. WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier Lieutenant Red Shirt

I liked them both, but Jadzia feels like family. We spent so much time with her and so little time with Ezri. Jadzia was a lot of fun, and she's one of my favourite Star Trek characters of all time.

16. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like them both for different reasons. And I'm glad we got both, because season 7 had a different influence on certain characters because of losing Jadzia AND gaining Ezri.

Grendelsbayne and Bad Thoughts like this.
  17. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

I like them both, it's hard to pick one of them. They are very different characters and I like different things about them.

18. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Jadzia. I don't like Season 7 much and only watched it when it aired so I don't really have an opinion on Ezri. I remember hoping she'd hook up with Jake though.

19. mlbach

mlbach Captain Captain

So did Jake :guffaw:

20. Sareesataka

Sareesataka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Jadzia. No, wait...Ezri. No, Jadzia. Yeah, that's my final answer: Jadzri.