Equinox episode should of featured the Hera

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Trekboy1993, Dec 13, 2017.

1. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Commander Red Shirt

Out of curiosity, why replace Jeri Ryan? Unless you're planning to take Seven of Nine in a radically different direction than the show did. Which could be interesting.

Also, I love the first name you created for Stadi. I am (hypocritically) tired of all the non-canon sources that declare Stadi and Jarrot more human/Betazoid hybrids like Troi and give them human first names like Veronica or Juliet. (I'm a hypocrite here because I made crewman Jor a human/Betazoid hybrid in my fanfics, but for specific continuity-related reasons.)

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shelby would be a far less 'motherly' character than Janeway and I wouldn't envision any sexual tension between the two of them, more butting heads on how to work together (in the early years, but by the time of YoH they've been working together for over four years by which the the Maquis have proven themselves and been awarded full commissions, not just field ones).

I call it my own reboot, so it is more of an alternative take on things, whilst also adding where I thing VOY was lacking (an actual sense of isolation and a struggle to survive being pretty major points that was glossed over in the show, and would be front and centre during YoH and the aftermath).

On all Trek/fanfic sites I typically have the same username and, as far as I can remember, i'm not a member of fanfic.net.

Mainly I wanted a hot guy strutting around in little more than body paint. I do have some ideas about my Seven and the direction he would take.

Yeah, I'd always rather think up something alien than some convoluted backstory of a human they were named in honour of. In my reboot, Stadi serves as Chief Science Officer, seeing as how Shelby is a tactician and not a scientist.

3. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Commander Red Shirt

Okay, I somehow missed your Seven of Nine being male. My bad.

As for the username, I guess I mistook you for another "Sinclair" on that site.

On a final note, here is one more idea. Feel free to dismiss it. But instead of Cal Hudson, what about Thomas Riker, the transporter clone of Will Riker who joined the Maquis? He might offer some good storylines.

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tom Riker lacks the rank and experience to be the XO, plus he is pretty much Riker 2.0 so not sure what else could be done with him without being an imitation of Will, besides he has a storyline in DS9.

In this version Shelby and Hudson would've appeared in their respective episodes, Harry Kim would've been in "Lower Decks" and Tom Paris would've been the E-E's new Conn Officer. Neelix would also have a very different look to him, nothing quite so goofy.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  5. Paradise City

Paradise City Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It wouldn't be much of a crossover. Mrs. La Forge featured very little on TNG but people would be familiar with her surname. I don't really mind crossovers as long as a given series has several years under its belt and had clearly established its own identity. Voyager had done this. One crossover or two isn't really that problematic towards the end of the run. I'd swap Madame Captain LaForge for her son's underwhelming appearance in charge of the USS Challenger. Barclay's (and Troi's) appearance on Voyager is also generally regarded as a success.

I made a typo at my end. I meant to say that I wish the Equinox two partners had been done instead of the Scropion episodes and you get a new character or two in that way.

As it turned out, I'm indifferent to Kes but I do like Seven.

6. Stroudarian

Stroudarian Lieutenant Commander Premium Member

I share your sentiment. I am completely indifferent to Kes, and while I am a fan of Seven, I feel as if she was a little overused. Too many episodes, story arcs and plots place her at the center of attention.