Episode IX Speculation and Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by INACTIVESamusAranX, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I am totally okay with the dislike of any of these movies. My biggest gripe with a lot of FSM's complaints is consistency. You can't be up in arms about something that has precedence in this series. Even moreso, this is a space fantasy film series with space wizards, laser swords and a mystical Force that controls everything. The idea that we know exactly how the Force works and that it works the same for everyone is ludicrous. That gives the creators space to not only surprise, but to allow the story to grow organically. You don't have to like it, but stop picking just because you don't like the direction the series is going. Just go find something out there that you enjoy. Because spending so much time hating a movie series just can't be healthy.

Turtletrekker, Smellmet and mtblillie like this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Both Clone Wars and Rebels had jedi surviving in space.

Kanan was blown out an airlock and managed to scoot over to a ship, and Plo Koon survived in space a bit longer, mind you he is an alien, so his species might be more hardened.

Finn also appears to be wearing one of the masks Leia and Han were wearing in ESB when exploring the 'Cave'.

Also here is the video those screencaps are from

Turtletrekker, Campe and fireproof78 like this.
  3. Campe

You’re right about Finn and the mask. Didn’t see that.

Smellmet likes this.
  4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I cannot wait for this movie!!!
    I mean.. come on.. I mean I can't think of a movie that will have more conveniences and unsatisfying explanations as this one.. like
    - we saw Kylo smash his helmets to little pieces, yet it seems to be rebuilt from much bigger pieces..I guess I should try rebuilding eggs after I've broken them
    - I'm sure JJ cares one bit about how Kylo recovered those pieces from a ship that was torn in half in the last movie
    - just like he will give us an explanation as to how Kylo will have Vader's helmet despite the fact that it was on Starkiller base which was blown up two films prior..
    - or maybe it wasn't on the base, maybe it was on that orbiting star destroyer, which will just point out the shoddy filmmaking of episode 7, where the establishing shots were even cause for confusion and laziness
    - I can't wait for a whole fleet of fully manned Star Destroyers to come out from the ice from a single order from Palpatine, or to see them fight within an atmosphere, or to see our heroes use horse riders to knock out the one star destroyer to make all the other ones shut down. Exciting, original stuff!
    - Oh and Palpatine.. I can't wait to see Palpatine again, to make everything that Luke and vader did in Return of the Jedi useless so REY can be the real hero.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Some people base their entire identity on being a fan of a franchise, that's incredibly sad. Then there are people who base their identity on constantly attacking a franchise for pointless reasons, that's just pathetic.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

then there are others who will like everything that TPTB does out of blind loyalty,. unable to discern when story goes from greatness and being inspired to just perpetuating forward in order to fuel a self-sustaining cycle of merchandising, ticket sales and theme park corporate synergetic existence.

7. Awesome Possum

Opinion isn't fact, no matter how many times you repeat it.

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

i agree completely

9. Awesome Possum

Okay, you can leave now.

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

it just makes me sad that they ripped the proverbial last page of a book that had at least a satisfying ending and now it has continued, yet the story is nonethebetter for it. My opinion? Yes. I'm not denying that it's my opinion.

11. Awesome Possum

Okay. Endlessly repeating that opinion for years trying to convince others of it is where you lose people. That and when you imply that others are wrong for disagreeing even though their opinion is equally valid and carries as much importance as yours (which is none other than to the person who holds that opinion).

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Based on this trailer, I think that the scene in question looks pretty darn exciting!

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm not implying anything, Just stating what my opinion is. Everyone can have an opinion!

14. HugeLobes

HugeLobes Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, but could you maybe only have it once?

Masiral, Awesome Possum and Smellmet like this.
  15. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Why, have you seen the film yet? Or are you just relying on the usual Youtube cretins?

Nitpicking of the highest order.

That ship was absolutely massive, like half the size of the original Death Star, I'm sure large parts of it remained habitable, like the middle bit, where they were in the movie.

Could have easily been recovered off-camera. Kylo was seen to be obsessed by Vader and the helmet right back at the beginning of TFA. I'm sure after the fight with Rey he didn't just go 'fuck it, I'll leave it there'

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too. Exciting isn't it?

Did you not see Rogue One?

Again, have you already seen this movie? And if so, please tell us why this scene is so unoriginal - where has it been seen before in a SW film? I'll wait.

Yeah me too. He's my favourite character in all of Star Wars, again, exciting isn't it?

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Remember this film is written by the same guy that stated "the lightsaber called to you" yet no other Star Wars movie does Force work through an object. This ain't Harry Potter or LotR. Not to mention that, shortly after that, when asked how the lightsaber was even recovered, the response was "a good question, for another time."

See, this stuff IS important... yet JJ doesn't care. He just doesn't care. He cares more about coincidence than anything else. He cares more about patting himself on the back for an amazing scene he just did then for the franchise itself. He's a "pat myself on the back" director. And my feeling is (my o-p-i-n-i-o-n) is that this will plague the third film.

17. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why?

18. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

No, it's even more into the realms of fantasy than either of these franchises. But you knew that already.

It's really not.

Well until we actually get to see this film, what's the point in criticising it?

Masiral and Campe like this.
  19. Campe

It’s not?

;)

Smellmet likes this.
  20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

yes. sure.. yep.
    But one thing I loved about the originals is that they have remarkable verisimilitude. It might not hold up to scrutiny if looked too closely, but the machines look like they work.. the Falcon is like an old car etc..the production design (everything from the colors used to all the greebles etc) was all up to a certain level where you just believed it.. the sets and props and the way the people used them..) .. helps buy into an utter fantasy