Editing Demons/Terra Prime and TATV

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Matt, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Commodore Commodore

Would it be possible to swap some of the scenes of these three episodes, to make TATV the next to last episode, and T/D the finale?

In both episodes, they were a part of a treaty signing, the first for the Coalition of Planets, and the second being the actual Federation charter...

Troi's line at the end about, "Leading to the birth of the Federation" could be applied to the Coalition signing in Demos/Terra Prime.

Hiring Bakula/Trinneer/Blalock for a final redone scene for the new finale, and shooting in front of a blue screen would probably cost under $50,000. Where's all that money that TrekUnited finagled? They could fund something like this, a fanon finale.

Swap the "Space the final frontier" ending from TATV and put it at the end of Terra Prime, after the big "You look very heroic." Scene. Super impose a blue screen Trip Tucker there as well. Edit out the death of Trip, just make him injured severely... Or maybe put Bakula/Trinneer in "old people" makeup and have them say something sentimental looking back on their days on the Enterprise, as they watch the launch of the NCC-1701, and then fade out to that nice "space the final frontier" thing.

These kinds of edits have been done before. Look at the re-edit of Star Trek V.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone once re-edited Star Trek V? :confused:

What was that like exactly?

3. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Someone re-edited Trek V to appear as if it was a two-part episode of "Star Trek: Phase II." They basically cut out a lot of the movie, added open titles and end credits for the TV show and did some other stuff that, honestly, I can't remember. It's been several years since I saw it.

4. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No. TATV would have to be butchered to the point where there's very little plot, given all that 'six years later founding-Federation stuff oh yeah Trip dies' material. You would be left with, at best, twenty minutes of semi-coherent narrative.

The other two episodes would just require shuffling of order. Honestly, that's all.

5. Matt

Matt Commodore Commodore

Off the top of my head, the only parts in the episode about Trip dying are:

1. The scene where Troi said something like, "It's so sad. He has no idea he's not going to make it..."

2. T'Pol packing up in Trip's quarters.

It is possible just to give Trip a bad temporary injury, thusly the "sacrifice" Riker was watching the program for.

6. Kegek

I'm not just talking about Trip dying. I'm talking about the whole 'founding of the Federation it's six years later thing'. You'd have to delete just about every scene after Trip's death, for example. And no more mothballs.

I'd be interested to see you try, but I think too much stuff would go by the wayside for it to really be coherent.

7. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Trip dying was fine. I was fine to see him kick the bucket. I thought it had meaning in the episode. How he died? I probably would've changed that.

Onto Terra Prime -- dumb. I thought the premise had so many holes that I'm amazed anyone thinks it has merit. But, assuming you could take the speech Archer gives and stick it in TATV - okay, as long it relates back to the Federation and doesn't include Trip.

Onto Trip living? I'm fine with that. It's not like I want him to die, even if I think the Not.Dead campaign is stupid. (Kirk is dead, Data - as we know him - is dead. Trip can die too.) I'm also fine with Trip and T'Pol having a binary clone, as long as there was some freakin' continuity from episodes like E2 and the characters acted in character. For example, the "clap harder" scene where Archer makes Trip clap in Demons was just plain old retarded. In that instance I thought it was a combination of poor writing and poor acting choices by both Trinneer and Bakula. Although, they sure weren't given much to make it work. The dialog "clap harder" sucked eggs. "Show some support" for example would've been a better choice for writing and easier to make work acting.

8. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

9. TheCoxinator

TheCoxinator Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

10. Kegek

I'm fine with it too. But if one wanted to re-edit - as the OP did - to imply that the events of "These Are the Voyages" happened before "Demons"/"Terra Prime", well... Tucker would have to be conspicuously alive. And the Feds would have to remain unformed.

11. Avilos

Avilos Guest

Its be much easier just to edit Demons, Terra Prime and TATV together but in the actual filmed sequence. But edit out the TNG stuff. Put in some Enterprise exterior shots from previous episodes to the ENT era sequences.

Have a Fade or Dissolve at the end of the Terra Prime footage. Suggesting that years later The Coalition lead to a bigger organization. Maybe even a caption saying how many years have passed.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

13. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, but at the cost of totally destroying the thing that makes the episode work. (In theory, I mean.)