Dune Part 2 2023 (24, 25, 26...)

I swear they literally have a version of Monopoly for everything.

Because it's easy to do. An Intern can slap on pictures on the board of whatever franchise you want to sell, design the few gaming pieces in a freely availble 3D modelling tool and write an email to a production company to produce x amount of said piece. This can be organized by a first year production manager straight out of college on their own, in fact it could be their graduation test if you will.

And the thing is it works - Monopoly is still popular enough, everybody knows the rules ( and probably has a ton of house rules so friends and familes are still able to talk to each other after a game ;)) and it's a quick way to make some bucks with low effort.

Reactions: JD
Exactly.

This really isn't that shocking.

But I guess you're limited by some aspects.

Rather than jail, why not have the baron's dungeon's? (but then again who would visit a dungeon on Guedi Prime?) :)

or do not pass Arrakis, do not collect 200 units of spice.

But I guess you're limited by some aspects.

Rather than jail, why not have the baron's dungeon's? (but then again who would visit a dungeon on Guedi Prime?) :)

or do not pass Arrakis, do not collect 200 units of spice.
I mean, like all licensed games they add in their own variations, but Monopoly is a pretty well known game, and there are so many varieties that it doesn't surprise me. Go in to any game store and you'll find a lot of different Monopolies, as well as knock off monopoly type games. I was in Walgreens last night and they had "Idaho-opoly" in their game section.

Dune: Spice Wars, a real time PC strategy game, is out of early access and the full game is available now on Steam.

I played it a little bit on early access and it was fun, completed the Atreides campaign and started a Fremen campaign before moving on to other games but as strategy games go this one is quite good. It does its own thing apart from the books of course but the elements like Sandworms, Spice and the Houses are still there and apart from the tactical fighting there's also a political/diplomacy component that nicely complements the actual fighting on Arrakis.

There have been quite a few additions and expansions since i played it, so once i'm done with Baldur's Gate 3 i may revisit the game and check out the full version but i can still recommend it if anyone likes these sorts of games.

Dune: Spice Wars, a real time PC strategy game, is out of early access and the full game is available now on Steam.

I played it a little bit on early access and it was fun, completed the Atreides campaign and started a Fremen campaign before moving on to other games but as strategy games go this one is quite good. It does its own thing apart from the books of course but the elements like Sandworms, Spice and the Houses are still there and apart from the tactical fighting there's also a political/diplomacy component that nicely complements the actual fighting on Arrakis.

There have been quite a few additions and expansions since i played it, so once i'm done with Baldur's Gate 3 i may revisit the game and check out the full version but i can still recommend it if anyone likes these sorts of games.
Is it essentially an updated Dune II. One of my all time favourites.

I played all three factions when it first came out on early access. Thought it was fine, nothing special.

Back