Dune Part 2 2023 (24, 25, 26...)

I'd argue that Alia with her other memories was effectively many thousands of years older than the ghola Hayt created from the reanimated and repaired corpse of Duncan Idaho in a Tleilaxu axlotl tank. I can just imagine Hayt and the Bene Gesserit sisters singing "How do you solve a problem like Alia?" in a musical version of Children of Dune*.

ETA: *That would, truly, be an abomination. "Climb every sand dune..." "I am sixteen going on 50,000..." "The lonely Muad'dib"
I once worked on a production of The Sound of Music, and have (mostly) fond memories of it.

I'm strongly thinking of writing that crossover parody now, as the music is firmly etched in my mind even though it's been just over 40 years since we did that show.

Well shit. I am shocked. I wonder what Villeneuve, Legendary, and IMAX are all getting for this.

Fingers crossed everything works out and we'll get the second part...at all.

...although I hope your thread title here isn't as prophetic as your last one...

When are you all starting a holy war in my name?

So with the next Godzilla movie coming out 4 weeks later, I guess Dune loses its 6 weeks of IMAX exclusivity?

Last edited:
While that certainly is possible, I personally doubt it will happen with this movie.

And really, these tax write-offs are one of the most idiotic things I've heard of in the industry. But that's perhaps a discussion for another time.

Back