DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. LastCaress1972

LastCaress1972 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi!

I watched DS9 for the first time only this year (along with TNG, VOY, ENT, TAS, DIS and PIC) and I have to say I found DS9 to be my clear favourite. It took me a while to get to like the majority of the principals on the other shows but I liked everyone on DS9 right from the off (although I have to admit that I'm still not sure about Avery Brooks' performance; sometimes it feels, ike the strongest performance in all of Star Trek, other times it's just cringeworthy. I love Ben Sisko as a character though, regardless).

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here and I hope to be chatting with you all soon (going to be doing a spot of lurking for awhile, get the lay of the land).

kkt likes this.
  2. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Red Shirt

I love DS9 too. My wife thinks that Avery Brooks was over the top; in fact, she thinks that most of DS9 is too over acted. She’s not having that problem with Enterprise or Discovery. Welcome!

LastCaress1972 likes this.
  3. LastCaress1972

LastCaress1972 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thank-you, sir! :techman:

Jellico likes this.
  4. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

That's interesting. A number of people complained that Avery was too wooden. I think he hit it just about right, calm as a captain should be when working, but also showing rage or excitment or love very well.

Bry_Sinclair and Bad Thoughts like this.
  5. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Red Shirt

I’m fine with Brooks my self. I admit that we have a few laughs whenever Gawron is present, though I do like the character.