DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. feral.cherub

feral.cherub Lieutenant Red Shirt

a glorified strip mall on a space station
    Welcome Gavian. I'm sure you will love the complete series. I'm on my second binge on Netflix right now.
    Probably Voyaget next. The first shows were making me restless, plus Janeway's voice and my ears don't play well together. Guess I could turn sound off and just use captioning...or adapt. Lol.

2. Brussels_Dragon

Brussels_Dragon Cadet Newbie

Hi you all,

I new to the board, i already was present on Reddit Star Trek groups, those a great, but Reddit isn't that easy to follow than a regular board.
    So i came here, i used to be a member of the Star Trek board of the official site, but that one is gone.
    In the trek universe DS9 is my favorite, although TNG was the first trek i saw.

English isn't my native language so forgive me the stupid grammar errors.

feral.cherub and Kilana2 like this.
  3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Don't worry, there are plenty of native English speakers here with bad grammar, myself included!

Welcome aboard! :beer:

4. feral.cherub

feral.cherub Lieutenant Red Shirt

a glorified strip mall on a space station
    Welcome to the board, Brussels_Dragon. Hope you enjoy yourself!

5. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Three years ago I decided to try DS9 because it was next on my Trek list. I watched up to Second Sight but stopped because I was really bored.

A few days ago I picked up where I left off and now I’m almost finished season 2. I’m oddly enjoying myself. Quark is my favourite followed by Odo and Garak.

Just wanted to pop in (again) and say hi.

kkt and Kilana2 like this.
  6. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

You have to continue the show. Otherwise you miss some great episodes and a gripping finale.

kkt likes this.
  7. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished the series today. I’m glad I gave it a second chance. Season 6 was my favourite.

8. BetaHazard

BetaHazard Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi all. Relatively new Trekkie (or Trekker, idk) and I've seen TOS, TAS, and TNG and am now on DS9 season 3. It is by far my favorite, and my fav episode so far is The Search, Part I. I absolutely love the Defiant and am looking forward to seeing more episodes later.:D

Bad Thoughts and Kilana2 like this.
  9. Kilana2

There will be more great episode, especially after season 3. :)

10. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Many, many, many more great episodes :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Kilana2 likes this.
  11. smudgietoo

smudgietoo Ensign Newbie

Hey Fellow Niners,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a long term trekfan, starting out with reruns of TOS in the eighties, but DS9 is my favorite. I never really got into forums before, though I have tried in the past, but on rewatching the entire series over the last few months I discovered that I wanted to be able to talk with like minded others (none of my friends are into Trek). I tried the Omega Sector boards, and found some really great episode reviews but most of the posts were more than five years old and they appear to have been closed, as new replies didn't appear to be an option. Anyway, just here to join the conversation about my favourite show. See ya's out there ☺

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

smudgietoo likes this.
  13. Dukat's Major

Dukat's Major Commander Red Shirt

Back again after more years of being away! About to go through the last season of DS9 with the wife, it's the first time she's ever seen it. It's my least favorite season by far, so I may be complaining a lot about Vic Fontaine in the future (I know lots of people love him, but he's like watermelon to me. I just can't like it. I've tried it and tried and it and people keep telling me it's awesome but I just. Don't. Like. It.)

14. Kilana2

Welcome back. I guess there are other things about the show you like. Maybe early Dukat?

15. Elephant999

Elephant999 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi,
    Just posted on the TNG area and wanted to say hi on here as I enjoy watching DS9 and TNG with equal measure.

I love the darker tone of DS9, my favourite character being Quark. I love how, in DS9, the Ferengi were portrayed as complex characters, with their rules of acquisition etc, and Quark was brilliantly played by Armin Shimmerman.

Thought the story arcs were superb, loved early Dukat, but would have liked the Dominion war to be wrapped up sooner.

The only niggle I had was there was too much Bajoran religion portrayed.

Sharon

16. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Welcome Sharon!

17. Andyliini

Andyliini Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone!

I have not introduced myself on this section yet, but I just finished DS9 on Friday. And what a run it was. I think up to all trek series I have watched, these characters just could be my favorite of them all. Loved Garak especially. I have been playing catch-up with Trek, so maybe I could one day follow the new series as they air.

Not moving to Voyager yet though, I introduced Trek to my girlfriend too and we are now in the middle of (re)watching TNG. After that, I'll tackle Voyager.

Kilana2 likes this.
  18. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi,

I love DS9 and I’m trying to get my wife to do another re watch with me. We watched it about five years ago.

The show was a great source of distraction and comfort back in the original run, while a was working between shifts of two jobs.

I’m happy to see posts here!

19. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Greetings, Jellico!

I'm in the middle of a rewatch with my daugher who's now a senior in high school. This is about my 8th full rewatch, and her first watching in order from beginning to end. We're in late season 5 now, think we'll make it through "What You Leave Behind" by graduation?

Jellico likes this.
  20. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The show seemed to find its footing in the third season and it kept getting better. I’m glad that young people have interest in it. I’ve always thought of it as something more than a tv show.

Bad Thoughts and Kilana2 like this.