Doggies, Doggos and Doggeroos!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TribbleFeeder, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had a Chi-weenie half napping in my lap yesterday. A visiting cousin went to see an old friend and former co-worker and that person had at least three "small" dogs. The Chi-weenie gave a half growl when we first entered, but I did not react. After we settled into a pair of sofas, the dog approached me when it did not get the attention he wanted from "mamma". I lightly patted the leather and "Boing", right into my lap. I believed I half dozed myself, a near miracle given several of the people were more or less deaf and literally had to shout for the others to hear.

It was a nice "pupper"!

2. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I should clarify, this was not my first experience with a dog, just that dog. It's simply a nice feeling to have a pup who's never seen me before that moment to trust me enough to cuddle in my lap.

As a child, they would usually growl and snap at me, no doubt sensing my fear and thus establishing the "pack hierarchy" and placing me as the "omega". But as an adult, I guess I've developed enough confidence (without being domineering), that they see me as an equal without being a threat.

I mean, the "worst" that happened recently was accidentally "head butting" a bulldog. After seeking permission from the owner who was walking the 9 month old "pup", I leaned to pet him and he, at that moment jumped to greet me! THUD! Neither or us were injured, just a comical moment of confusion. I almost expected both of us to shake our heads, accompanied by the infamous Warner Bros. "yadda, yadda, yadda" cartoon sound effect.

4. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder Rear Admiral Premium Member

@Redfern im happy to hear you had a pleasant pupper experience!

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My brother and his family had a pair of French bulldogs (Stella and Hank). Stella had to be put down recently because she was very old and sick and in a lot of pain.

Some time after that happened, I was over at their house and it broke my heart to see how sad Hank was. It's like he knew his friend was gone. :(

This is one of the (many) reasons I know I could never have pets of my own. I couldn't deal with situations like this. I'm nowhere near strong enough. Hell, I cried during the first Pokémon movie, what does that tell ya? If I had to deal with the actual death of a PET, I'd fold up like a deck chair. :wah:

Besides, I live alone and I work 9 hours a day...there's no way I would subject any animal to being left alone in my house for that long. And if I put them outside, they'd jump my backyard fence.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Amaris, StarCruiser and KimMH like this.
  6. TribbleFeeder

Awwww...

@Mr. Laser Beam im sorry to hear that.

I will say, it’s better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all. Pet loss is horrible, but the memories are worth it.

We had a pitbull named Murphy a few years back. He had terrible separation anxiety and while my father-in-law was pet sitting when we were away he strangled himself trying to get out of his crate. It was one of the worst time periods of my life while dealing with his loss. I loved that dog with all my heart. Now I try to think about how lucky we were to have him while we did. We rescued him, sick and skinny, from a high-kill shelter in North Philly. He was next on the chopping block. We gave him an extra year of his life. And boy, did we spoil him.

His death is something I’ll never get past, but the love I have in my heart for him will also last forever.

Amaris, StarCruiser, KimMH and 2 others like this.
  7. Gary Mitchell

Sorry about your buddy Tribble. That's a tough way to lose part of your family. I see the way you treat Fred and I know Murphy was lucky to have had you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    StarCruiser, Sibyl and TribbleFeeder like this.
  8. TribbleFeeder

Thank you Gary. That’s very kind of you.

StarCruiser and Gary Mitchell like this.
  9. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

10. Gary Mitchell

11. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Bulldogs are such fun. I miss ours everyday. They can be quite boisterous when young.

It is always pleasing when dogs like you; it’s like everything will be ok at least for a while!

12. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

If there's a dog or a cat at a house with a party, they're usually my best companionship the entire time.

Amaris, Gary Mitchell, KimMH and 2 others like this.
  13. KimMH

Parties without fur people are hardly worth getting dressed for.

Amaris, Sibyl, TribbleFeeder and 2 others like this.
  14. TribbleFeeder

AGREED.

KimMH, Sibyl and Gary Mitchell like this.
  15. TribbleFeeder

When you didn’t choose the thug life but the thug life chose you.
    AD81D1D0-61B5-426E-970E-B4E90585328F.jpeg

16. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Looks like a Darth Yo Quiero Taco Bell

StarCruiser and KimMH like this.
  18. Sibyl

19. KimMH

So cute! I miss dressing the dogs lol. Our bulldogs never much cared but the cats Strenuously object.

TribbleFeeder, StarCruiser and Sibyl like this.
  20. Sibyl

I've never even been able to put a hat or sunglasses on any animal I've had. They all pushed or pulled it off immediately.

TribbleFeeder, StarCruiser and KimMH like this.