does stargate sg1 remain good

tmosler

Lieutenant Commander
Red Shirt
I know i have been making a lot of threads but this is my last one. I am about to order stargate seasons 2 and 3 after liking season 1 and was wondering if stargate sg1 remains good throught its entire run or if it gets better like tng did in its later seasons?

I know i have been making a lot of threads but this is my last one. I am about to order stargate seasons 2 and 3 after liking season 1 and was wondering if stargate sg1 remains good throught its entire run or if it gets better like tng did in its later seasons?
Most agree, it continues getting better and deeper up through Season 6. Some people will tell you it's not as good from S7 on, others will say it starts going downhill in S8, and still others think all 8 of the original Storyline Seasons are good, yet it falls apart in S9 or 10.

The show becomes quite a different show (though of course much stays the same) in S9 and 10, but, I think there was alot of good stuff in S9 and S10 and I like the new storyline, and the old storyline had pretty much run it's course by the end of S8.

So, for me, although S9 and 10 are different, I found the show enjoyable all the way through.

Fisrt 5 Seasons were Produced by Showtime, S6-S10 were produced by the SciFi Channel

^True, for the most part it kept me entertained for an hour an a week.

Some will say S6 suffered a bit as well due to a certain event.

It starts to be less fun when
O'Neill stops to be around and when the Goa'uld system lords are beaten.

Last edited by a moderator:
The series has been out and aired for quite sometime. Kinda hard to justify having to cloak things in a spoiler tag, don't you think?

Jarod, it's still better to err on the side of caution when someone starts a thread like this. Perhaps it wasn't explicitly requested to avoid discussing future plot points, etc, but he's new to the show. If it's no big deal to him, then it's all good.

Thanks for all your coments i am excited having just ordered season 2 of sg1. But i just have one more question when does o'neil stop being around because hes my favorite character on the show.

Thanks for all your coments i am excited having just ordered season 2 of sg1. But i just have one more question when does o'neil stop being around because hes my favorite character on the show.

O'Neill leaves the show in season 9, but works in a reduced capacity in seasons 6-8.

Nope, should have ended after season 6, so many storylines were just stupid and redone to death.... literally.

I like SG1 very much, i'm watching it for the 3rd time, now with my wife.
It's indeed a shame that O'Neill(with two ll's :) ) leaves the show because he is my favorite Charakter.

I think the show demonstrates a lot of improvement in its first two or three seasons. Season three, four, and five are probably the program at its best; due to Richard Dean Anderson scaling back his involvement, seasons six, seven, and eight show some decline, but are still good. Seasons nine and ten are essentially a spin-off without Anderson, which despite my appreciation of Ben Browder, is never as good as the original.

Personally I think it's an enjoyable series all the way though for the most part, I thought season ten was better than season nine. But it's a highly adventurous and fun seris for the most part thoughout it's run.

And for me, season 7 was the best of the lot :rommie:

Definitely worth watching all the way through regardless I think.

Back