Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Blink of an Eye: Fascinating sci fi concept, great guest star, very memorable!
    9/10

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Federation has had the tech to keep up with these aliens since Wink of an Eye.

3. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was short and sweet. :lol:

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Daniel Dae Kim rocks.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Daniel Dae Kim is gorgeous and chiseled.

Sometimes he even speaks.

6. tighr

And Blink of an Eye first aired in 2000, 5 years before he became famous on "Lost".

7. Guy Gardener

what about his 13 episode of Crusade in 1999?

Or his 12 episodes of Angel a year after Voyager?

Famous is relative.

8. tighr

To the general television-viewing public, more people will recognize him from his performance on "Lost" than will his performance in this episode or any of his other sci-fi credits, combined.

Shoot, more people would probably recognize him from the new "Hawaii 5-0" than from any of his sci-fi credits.

And, of course, this is proof of nothing, but here's the text of the lead from his Wikipedia article:

I didn't even know he was a voice actor in a video game, but then again I don't play many video games.

9. Guy Gardener

We're not the general-television viewing public.

Seriously.

They turn on the box and then drink till they pass out with no mind to programming.

The average viewer, 90 percent of what they watch is an unplanned accidental surprise.

45 percent of Americans have never bought a TV Guide.

They're like animals.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Kirk: He's like an animal. A thoughtless, brutal animal. And yet it's me. Me!

11. AdmiralScreed

Imperfection: Why did the aliens in the debris field play such a minor role? They were there, and then they weren't....what was the real point of having them in this episode? The story isn't that original. Someone is dying, so their friend takes a risk by donating to them something that may be vital to their life.....and it works!.....snooze. There's some nice drama, I guess. The focus was on 7, Icheb, and the Doctor, all characters who I enjoy because they're likable and they've experienced some real development. A flawed but decent episode.
    6/10

Drive: Fun, fast paced, action packed, exciting, and a special episode for Tom and Bellana. The alien chick who Harry fell for was pretty hot.....just sayin...
    7/10

12. Guy Gardener

The racing girl was one of the Ziyals.

Look closer, this is the only episode where Icheb thinks of Seven as a lover more so than a mother or a friend. It's Gift of the Magi wierd.

Those aliens were Steptoe and Son... "Sanford" and Son. That Cube had been salvaged for their junk yard and they had sensors and alarms primed all over that Cube which is why they showed up minutes after Janeway had boots on the ground. Anyone who allows the unchecked proliferation of Borg technology is the same sort of asshole who would use AIDS for suntan lotion.

Janeway should not have left that cube in tact, and those aliens should not have let anyone else near it unless becuase they seemed like businessmen with a plan, that they were going to get enough money to live happily every after so far away from whosoever was idiot enough to think they could handle Borg tech wisely without it blowing up in their faces quickly.

Seriously, if you sell a suitcase nuke to a Pakistani, you do not book a flight to India.

13. teacake

Lost?! He's famous to me from Enterprise :lol:

14. Guy Gardener

IMDB says that that was only 3 episodes.

I don't remember him dying?

He must have done some thing stupid and spent the last 2 years peeling potatoes for Chef.

15. teacake

I seem to recall he didn't say much in Crusade either.

Oh I'd love to see him in JJTrek! SPEAKING.

He was nice to look at in Lost but the only character I actively liked on that show was Locke. What's the point of having someone as chiseled as Daniel Dae Kim and making him unable to speak English.

16. Guy Gardener

There was a 3 year time jump after season 3 where after he could speak perfect English.

Although I did like his subtited Korean adventures.

I really didn't understand his conflict?

Did he have to be with the girl to beat men to death or did he have to beat men to death to keep the girl?

Either prospect seems better than being a doorman.

17. teacake

There was no escape from her father. If he wanted the girl he had to be her father's minion and once he took that on there was no going back to fishing even if he gave up the girl. Quite creepy.

18. AdmiralScreed

With season 6 over, here are the averages for each season so far:

Season One 5.06

Season Two 5.65

Season Three 5.62

Season Four 6.23

Season Five 6.46

Season Six 7.15

By my episode scores, season 6 is undeniably the strongest season so far. Not only that, but I think it's one of the strongest seasons of Trek, period. The writing was consistently good (and original) throughout the entire season. The worst of the bunch was Memorial, IMO, and even that wasn't terrible. Let's hope that season 7 can live up to the high standard set by season 6! The first three episodes of the season have been good so far.

19. AdmiralScreed

Oh, and for comparison purposes, here are my averages for the first two seasons of TNG. I've decided to rate those episodes as I rewatch that show too for fun.

TNG Season One 4.73

TNG Season Two 6.05

That first season of TNG was nowhere near as good as I remembered it....even the worst of Voyager was better than that pig schlock....

20. tighr

Spoiler alert: It doesn't.