Does anyone here believe the Moon Landings were fake?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by WraithDukat, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Here's a clip of how Buzz dealt with a denier after 5 minutes of harassment...

...it kinda helps me get through my day knowing justice is occasionally served immediately.

2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I don't agree with violence, the denier would have done well to just shut up and mind his own business in the first place instead of starting that nonsense with Buzz Aldrin!

Kor

StarCruiser and Galileo7 like this.
  3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have absolutely no sympathy for conspiracy buffs. None.

I don't care what conspiracy they're talking about - as far as I'm concerned, they all deserve to get punched. Whether it be 9/11 truthers, flat-earthers, moon landing fake-artists, anti-vaxxers, JFK conspiracy freaks, Pizzagate lunatics...they're all insane, the lot of them.

The only "conspiracy" I care about is the TNG episode with that name. Because exploding heads. :lol:

WraithDukat and StarCruiser like this.
  4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some conspiracies are true. JFK,Bobby Kennedy, amd MLK were all killed,most likely by the government to keep Vietnam, going. We know the government introduced crack in the black communities so they could wage war on drugs and arrest people of color. It's also possible they created AIDS. We also know the rich have the cure to cancer. We know the DNC conspired to keep Bernie Sanders from winning and Trump with Russia conspired to keep Hillary from winning. All elections now are rigged. Abe Lincoln was gay but couldn't say anything in those times.

Jason

5. Mr. Laser Beam

None of that stuff is true. Paranoid fantasies, nothing more.

Except for the Trump one, of course.

TribbleFeeder and StarCruiser like this.
  6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

And the DNC/Bernie Sanders one. They made sure the news never covered him.

The Lincoln one is plausible. He was an atheist and any historical figure has at least a 4% chance they were gay.

TribbleFeeder likes this.
  7. Mr. Laser Beam

I find it much more likely that Bernie was just way too far to the left to have any serious chance at winning the nomination.

BillJ likes this.
  8. Jayson1

Actually those on the left can win but the corporate wing is basically at war with one half of it's own party because if someone like Sanders wins it's bad for their business. I am sure they will try and screw him and or Elizebeth Warren in 2020 and we will be stuck with someone like Biden who will then get creamed by Trump.

Jason

9. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

The Moon landings happened, but no manned Mars landings have happened. ;)

- Video removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2018
    cooleddie74 likes this.
  10. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Logic Der Forschung!

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "My name's Caulfield."

"HEY, I CAN'T HELP THAT!!"

12. Jayson1

Actually things done to disprove a conspiracy theory is part of the conspiracy theory! Best way to get away with a lie is to discredit the truth and the people telling the truth! Best way to do that is to pull out the crazy ones like aliens and whatnot and present that as how all people feel when it comes t conspiracies. Just because people think these things are true at least to some degree even if you don't have the exact details doesn't mean you also wear foil hates and worry about being probed by aliens. Actually I think the most creditable theories revolve around the government. We know America has done some evil stuff over the years in supporting coups and killing political leaders in other countries and sell it as being for our protection. Why wouldn't they do it in America as well?

Jason

13. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The thing is, we have plenty of evidence for all sorts of actual terrible things done by the govt. over the years. So the question is not 'why wouldn't they do it in America as well', it's 'how does it make any sense that they would be completely incapable of hiding the truth in all the cases we already know about yet able to completely and irrevocably obfuscate it in these other special cases?' The govt. is human at best, incompetent at worst. It is absolutely capable of bizarre, shady bs. What it's clearly not capable of is long-term hidden conspiracies that never leak any credible evidence.

Gary7 likes this.
  14. Jayson1

Well many of this stuff happened back in the past were I simply think it was easier to get away with crime. Also you do see stuff come up like how people feel like they know those one guys were the actual assasians of JFK but then then any new evidence is just sold as more crazy conspiracy theories. As for the government I think some places like the CIA or FBI are more than capable of keeping the truth pretty quiet. The very idea that you might be killed if you speak is enough I am sure to keep some from ever talking. Also many people you got to figure that keep this stuff a secret or even the murders were the right thing to do so why would they want to expose it?

Jason

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That and Clinton simply got more votes during the primaries. It boggles my mind how often people ignore this for the sake of their conspiracy theory.

Gary7, Marynator and cooleddie74 like this.
  16. Jayson1

Here is how the election was stolen.

Jason

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It was "stolen" because the person you wanted to win, didn't. A party having favored candidates is nothing new. Heck, the GOP was desperate to defeat Trump in the primaries, yet here we are.

18. Jayson1

It might not be new. In fact I recall people talking about how Obama actually using the super delegates actually robbed Clinton but it doesn't make it right. People should get to pick who they want, not who the political parties want.

Jason

Galileo7 likes this.
  19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

"Stolen" suggests the win wasn't ultimately legitimate, not that the voting system itself was flawed. The political arena was manipulated to degrees never done before. It's one thing for politicians to run negative ads about each other at certain times, but a whole other thing when there's a huge covert loosely cooperated operation to fabricate complete falsehoods about the opposition candidate and target people using stolen data (this was done by Republican and Russian interests). It was so intense that even though extremely damaging truths about Trump came out naturally, there was such antipathy created for Clinton that a notable number of people either didn't vote or voted for Trump. And then on top of that, James Comey turned the whole email server issue into a political fiasco that really unfairly damaged Clinton's credibility. The whole presidential campaign became somewhat of a farce. And that in turn frustrated a lot of people. The last big fault was the polling. We still don't know how they got it so wrong. There may have been tampering in that as well, giving Clinton a false sense of security that blindsided her in the final stretch.

So in that respect it could be considered stolen. However, it does NOT excuse the fact that Clinton ran a weak campaign. She was stubborn and didn't listen to some of her staff about critical things. Her tremendous experience made her over-confident. Trump's brazenly shocking and disrespectful behavior caused her to think "I have this just by pointing at the guy." And she was wrong. She underestimated Trump and the faulty polls helped hide her flaws. The rest was the "just enough" factor to keep her from winning.

Galileo7 likes this.
  20. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

moon conspiracists annoy me more than just about any other, and im not sure why.
    I think perhaps it is because Apollo program was one of the most ambitious peacetime initiatives ever devised. And it worked. And people died making it happen.

Not believing anyone visited the Moon is like not believing in Guam just because you haven't been there and don't know anyone else who has been. Sure, Guam doesn't exist. It's all just pictures taken at Hawaii and photoshopped!

Oh.. wait..

(Admiral Willard you are a patient, patient, man)

One day perhaps a sound reason will be found for settling the moon. Maybe not. We haven't found any real reason to colonize, say Antarctica (though that is prevented by international treaty, as well, apart from a couple of islands with tiny settlements by Chile and Argentina), but good cases have been made for reasons the moon may be useful, economically.

And perhaps there will still be people denying they live there. Or having congressional hearings on weather all the people on a north-pole Lunar Colony will cause the moon to capsize. Maybe there will be flat-mooners, but hopefully they will all be on Earth. Maybe in time the rest of the solar system will become a rational idyllic and bold technocracy while the Earth is filled with 10 billion screaming idiotic dullards reduced to mob rule, bread and circuses. The rest of humanity can wait them out.

Galileo7 and Gary7 like this.