Do you get dressed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, May 5, 2014.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

on weekends/days off?

Or do you just longe around in your underwear/pyjamas/nightie/dressing gown?

Have you ever gone out wearing your pyjamas?

Normally I get dressed every day but as I am currently suffering from a frozen shoulder which makes dressing and undressing painful I have been spending weekends in my nightie. The only people likely to visit me on weekends are friends who understand why I am not getting dressed.

I have to get dressed on week days because I won't even go out as far as my letterbox in my dressing gown.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I get dressed every day, though sometimes it takes a while. I usually go to the gym in the afternoon, so some days I don't actually put on real clothes until 5-6pm.

3. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I usually don't unless I'm going somewhere. I have nice housedresses I wear so I'm decent to go to the mailbox and such.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I never go out in pajamas, but yeah, if I'm not going anywhere, I'll bum around in my jammies all weekend.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Follow up question: Do you bathe?

If you're just lounging around all day in your pajamas, do you bother to take a shower?

6. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Yes. I like to clean up regularly.

7. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a busy and active lifestyle. I don't lounge around in my nighties nor would I go out in them.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh hell no. I hate getting dressed up - I avoid it whenever possible.

I prefer to just dress comfortably - black khaki pants, baseball T-shirt (in warm weather) or sweater (when it's cold).

I can't even remember the last time I wore a suit. I am so uncomfortable in fancy clothes - I dress casual all the time, even in church.

In bed? No pajamas. I just wear a pair of old shorts to bed.

And yes, I DO shower. Always. My body - and clothes - are clean; I just don't see the value in wearing stuffy, fancy clothing. I dress to be practical, not to show off.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  9. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, sometimes twice a day. And yes to the second part, even if I had that luxury.

10. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I usually shower at least one of the two days on the weekend, if not both (as the heat on the shoulder does ease my pain slightly) . However if I get back into my nightie after a shower I am still dressing/undressing one time less a day, plus nighties are reasonably easy to get in and out off.

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm always dressed as if I have to go somewhere. Even when I sleep.

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Bathe and dress regardless of what day it is.

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

This thread is not about dressing up. Wtf, dude?

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I shower mostly every day (I may miss a Saturday here and there. I role play to unspeakable hours Friday nights and sleep in) and I get dressed though not always in something I'll wear out. You'll always find me in comfortable shorts and a warn t-shirt. My feet are generally bare if that counts.

15. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I miss being barefoot. Before the diabetes, I used to walk around everywhere in my bare feet. I could walk over dirt, sharp rocks, hot pavement, and it didn't hurt me or my feet one bit. Now, though, I always wear socks (at least), but almost always my shoes because they have arch supports, and if I don't wear them, I get severe leg and back pain.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

@ OP: The title of this thread is pretty funny.

Depends. Sometimes I'm lazy. Most times I get ready to start going for the day.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh. Right. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

To be more specific: I am dressed, all the time. The only time I alter this is when I actually go to bed (or shower). I lounge around in the same things I wear in the actual day.

18. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I don't get completely dressed unless I'm going beyond my apartment door. Even then, if I'm only going to the mailbox in the lobby, or taking out the garbage I don't bother with shoes (I wear slippers) unless it's winter.

Some of the people in the building wander around in their pyjamas and housecoats, or do their laundry while traipsing around in their underwear, but that's going a bit far, I think, unless the alternative is even less.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Once I get home from work the outer shirt comes off, the pants come off and the pajama-pants come on. And that's how I usually lounge around on my days off too. Only time I get dressed is when I go out and when I'm expecting company.

I really see no point in getting dressed otherwise.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I just have a pair of shorts for around the house. Comfortable and decent enough if someone should come to the door, but not for going beyond the yard in. Whatever T-shirt happens to be handy completes the ensemble.