Do you get dressed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, May 5, 2014.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the info, Spectre. It is forbidden for professional drivers and since I don't own a private car but drive only in my business car I wrongly assumed that the rules applying there would go for everyone.
    Here's an interesting article that states that as a non-professional in case of an accident you'll get into trouble, though, for not following your "Sorgfaltspflicht" (the duty to be careful and do everything to prevent accidents): http://www.t-online.de/ratgeber/aut...oder-high-heels-beim-autofahren-erlaubt-.html

Seems like (as always! *sigh*) the law leaves lots of room for interpretation. I wonder when there'll ever be a law that's phrased clear and to the point without any ifs and whens. (I'll propably not live to see it)

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I work from home 2-3 days a week, and usually spend the morning in my PJs. I wear PJs exclusively around the house, but I get dressed every day because I go out every day unless I am ill. I get very restless if I stay indoors, and can become seriously depressed. Whether or not I have to, I take the train into Manhattan daily just so I can take the 5.5 mile walk home over the bridge.

I do go out in my PJs all the time in winter -- I'm not getting dressed just to run to the bodega down the block. Besides, I have an ankle-length wool coat, so no one is any the wiser.

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I work at home a lot but the routine is the same as when I go out to work, shower, dress, breakfast and then in the office (at home) at 9am.

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I work from home full-time, and before I moved back to Wisconsin my company had a one-day-per-week WFH policy, so I'm well used to the idea. That being said, I need to get dressed -- during the week, on the weekends, etc. It's part of what gets me going. I wrote a blog post on the subject in 2013:

5. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

But who would want to? :confused: :wtf:

6. rhubarbodendron

Justin Bieber

7. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

When I get in from work I'll have a bath then put a nightie and jogging bottoms on, if I have to pop to the shops I will change my trouser's and sometimes I'll just slide a top over my nightie.
    At the weekend I'll probably do my house work in my nightie then get change.

8. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I feel the same, every time I watch grand designs and see houses with great big windows I just keep thinking about everyone being able to see in.:lol:

9. scotpens

Reminds me of Flanders and Swann:

Our boudoir on the open plan
    has been a huge success.
    Though everywhere's so open,
    there's nowhere safe to dress!

10. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

I never have off days. The thought of staying home all day actually makes me physically sick. If I stay at home all day I get headaches and feel anxious.

Having said that, I do change into 'indoor wear' as soon as I'm home. Lounge pants, loose tops etc. I feel so uncomfortable wearing jeans or chinos in the house.

11. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    AS soon as I am through the door, the shoes and socks are off. Usually, by the late evening, so are shirt and pants and I'll lounge around in my shorts or commando,

Weekends, it just depends on what is going on. If I don't have to leave until the evening, I'll just wear my shorts from the night before and shower only just before I go out.

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Judging from what we hear from toll-booth and drive-thru attendants-- lots of people. :rommie:

13. rhubarbodendron

Makes you wonder where these people keep their wallets..

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sounds so great, the long walk over the bridge. I love walking in cities. You're making me nostalgic for NYC here.

15. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Weekends are the days I get dressed in proper good looking clothes, even if I'm just at home, since that's when I don't wear my practical work wear and can be arsed to put on proper clothes.

I need a new job, I miss looking good :(

16. scotpens

Where is our Italian friend Iguana Tonante? I'm willing to bet he puts on a jacket and tie just to take out the garbage. :)

17. rhubarbodendron

what are the stakes? I'm willing to bet he wears shorts and a t-shirt if the weather permits it :)

18. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

And a scarf draped casually but oh-so-gracefully around his neck. :) I was in Rome for a couple days recently, and I thought of him every time I saw a well-dressed guy. Which means I thought of him quite often!

19. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

This is me, as well. Around the house, I wear as little as possible. Often, that means nude.

I, recently, introduced my boyfriend to life in the country. We spent the entire weekend nude, including grilling outside and lounging on the rear deck. He loved it! Of course, it helps that I live in a very rural area bordered by woods.

20. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I couldn't imagine a whole day, let alone a whole weekend not going out at all. Unless maybe I'm snowed in, but if that's the case I'm getting dressed just because of the cold.