Disney Scraps Plans For Further Star Wars Storys

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by EnsignRicky, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I wish people would keep their whiny racist incel politics out of Star Wars discussions. We don't get what we want.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing about this post is even remotely accurate.

JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan made The Force Awakens the way that they did in an attempt to recapture their own nostalgia. Perceived backlash against the Prequels had very little bearing on or influence over what they did.

3. Serveaux

You're not in a position to say with any authority or confidence whatever what is and isn't accurate.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I was unclear on the whole incel thing. I just looked it up. Can I go back to the good old days of 30 minutes ago?

Jedi_Master, Jinn and Campe like this.
  5. Serveaux

It's evidently derived from a latin term for "loser."

BillJ likes this.
  6. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

Really? Cause that man, created it to begin with. What did she do? I mean really? She didn't create anything, and the only reason we know her name is because it's attached to a property and universe, created by that man. So, exactly how is she better?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's brought great writers and directors, and put together great casts and so far has given us four great movies.
    Lucas gave us 2 good movies, a great movie, and a 1 great TV series, and 3 OK movies.
    It's pretty much the same way I feel about Trek, the stuff that Gene was the least involved with are the best parts of the franchise.
    Obviously I'll always be grateful to the 2 Gs for creating the franchises, but it took other people to get them to a point where they have met their true potential.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  8. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Actually we know her name because she one of the best producers in Hollywood and helped create many of the properties that are universally loved. She's the co-founder of Amblin Entertainment and had worked with Spielberg since Raiders of the Lost Ark. She's earned her place in Hollywood after producing the Indiana Jones films, Jurassic Park, ET, Schindler's List, Back to the Future and a lot more. Just glancing at her credits is a who's who of beloved films. Dismissing any of her career shows a profound ignorance of his career and film history in general. I honestly can't figure why anyone would doubt her ability unless they're completely ignorant or just hate women for stupid reasons. She's honestly one of the best living film producers and possibly one of the greatest in film history. In terms of producing the highest grossing films of all time, she's second only to Spielberg and they worked together for the majority of his career.

Maybe you should actually research this before ranting like an ignorant child. She wasn't given Lucasfilm because she was a woman, it was because she was more than capable of running it and already had a long working relationship with the company. The only person more qualified than her is Spielberg and he's running his own company, the one he started with Kennedy and produced everything you loved as a child. So show some respect, your childhood would've been boring without her.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Producing Jurassic Park and the Indiana Jones movies is good enough for me, everything after that is just icing on the awesomeness cake.

10. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Curious use of grammar here, are we doing Shatner impersonations?

I assume this post is entirely tongue in cheek given what a massively successful creative force KK is acknowledged to be and how she's completely revitalised a franchise many thought was dead following the prequels?

Oh, by the way, Star Wars might be the only reason you know her name, please don't presume that applies to the rest of us.

11. Awesome Possum

She produced Gremlins, every weirdo's favorite Christmas movie. I watch it every year.

Greg Cox and Spot261 like this.
  12. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

More that the politics made no sense and dragged the rest of the story down. The actual conflict is rather mysterious because we don't understand who the players are and what they want.
    You mean her selection was merit based? Weird.

Also, to this post:
    [​IMG]
    I thought that was Die Hard? ;)

Spot261, Awesome Possum and Campe like this.
  13. Awesome Possum

Die Hard doesn't have a small creature shoved into a microwave and killed when it explodes into a green mush.

14. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

You really can't be this clueless; Kathleen Kennedy is, as others have already said, one of the most prolific and well-respected Producers currently working in Hollywood and has dozens of hit films and film franchises to her credit.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Spot261 and Campe like this.
  15. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I never knew who these names were beyond Hamill, Ford, Fisher and Lucas :lol:

16. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh I do love Gremlins though! :bolian:

Awesome Possum likes this.
  17. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

We seem to be stuck in an endless loop, with little new to add. I am closing this thread for a temporary amount of time to let folks think seriously about getting back to talking about the actual topic

18. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

Disagreed. Can we stick to the issues without engaging along the lines of something that would have people saying "when people can't remember anything to respond to the issue with they then resort to personal attacks".

19. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Do check his posting history on the subject, you might want to rethink your admittedly admirable goodwill.

20. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Since I am certain that Kathleen Kennedy eagerly awaits new postings on this thread - I say to you Ms. Kennedy

MAKE A KENOBI MOVIE AND ALL IS FORGIVEN

P.S. IT BETTER STAR EWEN MCGREGOR OR ELSE ALL IS UNFORGIVEN, AGAIN.

HEED MY WORDS.

Campe likes this.