Disney rehires Gunn for GotG 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BK613, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Selective is correct. Some of the same people who defended his reprehensible posts/history as mere "jokes" bear every tooth in their heads about someone from the other side of the tracks making their own jokes, while fringe Left pundits such as Joy Reid can spew a number of anti-Semitic and homophobic posts/comments and she's barely criticized and keeps her MSNBC job.

Selective indeed.

ichab and Refuge like this.
  2. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

What universe did that happen? No one defended his old comments, not even Gunn. It’s sad you have to lie to have a point.

Speaking of selective where’s the outrage over your side’s open racism, sexism and bigotry. Do you know what a double standard is?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What does Joy Reid have to do with James Gunn and GOTG3? Is Joy Reid going to be assistant director or something?

4. Awesome Possum

Nothing, it’s a distraction.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Even though it's an obvious distraction, I just wanted to clear something up.

Reid was heavily criticized for those comments from a huge part of the left, as these samples examplify:

Don't make the fallacy that MSNBC is the be-all-end-all of the left.

Teelie, The Nth Doctor and YLu like this.
  6. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Gosh, was she fired at all??

7. Awesome Possum

Liberal apologize for saying decades ago what conservatives openly endorse today. Let's not forget that racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia are their proud positions. In the aftermath of mass murder, they defend the beliefs of the killer and endorse the hate that inspired him. Claiming outrage for any of those from a conservative is never done in good faith. Some even post it on this board as "jokes" and we all know who they are. This is purely a game to them, they care nothing for others and their words and actions prove this.

Now to get off this pathetic distraction. I'm eager to see what Gunn adds in Vol 3, hopefully Adam Warlock.

8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Joy Reid works for NBC. James Gunn Works for Disney. Different bosses, different companies and how can you say she is barely criticized when your criticizing her? Maybe also people are unaware of one story but not the other. Maybe people felt the context was different. Also some people did criticize James Gunn. Just like some did with Reid and some didn't. Every spectrum of opinion on both of these people can be found on the internet so i'm not sure I see the issue.

Jason

Teelie likes this.
  9. Awesome Possum

If Groot remains dust, we riot.

Anwar, The Nth Doctor and Jayson1 like this.
  10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

From what I understand Groot from the first movie has sadly already done that. It was something I didn't know until I saw it on Youtube but it seems baby and now teenage groot is actually a different person. A kind of offspring. Which surprised me because I just though the original groot had been brought back to life.

Jason

11. Awesome Possum

Part of Groot went into making Thor's axe. He could come back from it.

12. Refuge

I really don't know who she is but I thought NBC had a reputation. I guess the bad taste is consistency. I don't know anyone who endorsed Roseanne's comments. She was fired and stayed fired. I guess it all depends on those involved.

Anyway the show must go on that is the most important thing. I want a Goose and Rocket scene :devil:

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It's all part of a new MSNBC programming campaign. The Basic Cable News Universe. Every show is connected to all the others through cameos and crossover appearances.

Tune in when Ali Velshi appears on Hardball to destroy the Glove of Journalistic Integrity he found in the men's restroom at Morning Joe.

cardinal biggles and Teelie like this.
  14. TREK_GOD_1

Open your eyes. The threads still exist on this board where certain members claimed Gunn's comments were not a big deal "just jokes" and others should get over it. That's defending it.

Yes, it is sad you have to lie to have a point.

Oh, please. I'm one of the few board members who calls out routinely racism wherever it appears because I live with it personally, so I--and no one else--knows what you're talking about.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  15. TREK_GOD_1

I was responding to Refuge's post, and yes, the issue here is that there is selective tolerance outrage from allegedly progressive people / companies (i.e., NBC & Disney), yet they scream when anyone from the political Right says anything. How are you not getting that.

One person, Says much about who is not bothered by her offensive beliefs/posts/statements.

The Joy Reid story was national news, in part because she accused CNN's Wolf Blitzer (I should not have to tell you he's well known not just in America, but around the world) of having a Jewish agenda, yet despite the demand from Jewish groups for her to be fired from MSNBC, this progressive/Left news channel allowed her show (and employment there) continue. Selective tolerance, as this is the same channel who lead news hours for weeks complaining about what someone on the Right said, yet Joy Reid? She's A-Okay in their books.

No.

16. Refuge

I sense a pattern here ;) I guess even if she were to be fired she would be rehired that's what certain types do. It's not a good look for Disney or NBC to be backing these people.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

But what about...?

18. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but how are they gonna resurrect Kraglin from his current state of ‘completely forgotten’?.

I think we’ve only had the writer’s word for that. In universe, everyone still just calls him ‘Groot.’ You could probably interpret it however you like.

So you kill that author Jayson, kill him good!

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Groot's been dust before... ;)

20. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Meh, Gunn told some jokes that I didn't think were funny - but then, the faux outrage ginned up by the likes of Cernovich was an unfunny joke as well.

BeatleJWOL and Kai "the spy" like this.