Discovery Season 2 on Blu-ray and DVD in November

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Joanna McCoy-Kirk, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

It's disappointing that not all the Short Treks were included, but it's good that they are including the 2 most relevant (to Discovery season 2) mini episodes. I guess they want to release the full Short Treks season separately.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty underwhelming. I'll definitely wait to catch it on sale.

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

IDK - it would be (IMO) ridiculous to sell te 1 hour worth of Short Treks done to date as a 'Season'.

I am not Spock and BillJ like this.
  5. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Disappointed they aren't including all the Short Treks. Maybe they will do a seperate Short Treks release later

6. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

They're trying to get people to double-dip intentionally. They're sneaky about how they do it too. By not putting "Calypso" in the Season 2 Set, it's their way of making sure people buy the separate Short Treks set that eventually comes out.

I remember Mad Men Season 6 didn't include Commentary Tracks for the episodes. Every other season did. Then, magically, S6 had the commentaries in the Series Set. I bought all the season sets up until Season 6. So now, in order to have the commentaries for S6, I would've had to have bought the Series Set, which would've been the equivalent of re-purchasing five seasons I already owned. Chicanery at its finest.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the Disco Season 2 Blu-Ray. Just that one thing disappoints me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    IronWaffle likes this.
  7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I could see maybe holding "Calypso" for season three if it has something to do with that story. But "The Escape Artist"? That is the Short Trek I actually want.

8. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Short Treks were interesting, but completely forgettable by my measure.

Their inclusion or absence wouldn't sway my desire for this set one way or the other

9. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

the Short Treks add up to an hour of content. That would be really sneaky, to make people fork out for a seperate release, but it wouldn't surprise me

Lord Garth likes this.
  10. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

In college, I bought The Animatrix on DVD. It came out the same time as the Matrix sequels. They had a bunch of animated shorts based off the films. What I hope they do is release a collection of Short Treks when they've amassed enough of them. Similar to what the Animatrix set was. That one was made up of nine short films, totaling 101 minutes.

Four S1 shorts, four S2 shorts, and two animated shorts just might push Short Treks up to The Animatrix's total run time.

I am not Spock likes this.