Discovery has been delayed until May 2017

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Balok's Decoy, Sep 14, 2016.

1. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't mind waiting a little longer for it to start.

2. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, it shouldn't be too long before we start getting news about characters and casting then. And, of course, blurry leaked photos of uniforms. :D

4. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Sounds to me that things could get far messier. Considering CBS owns the trademarks, I don't think they'd really need an organizational alliance to unify the brand. They could simply apply their muscle to the process of film making, if they were concerned.

6. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

I don't think this affects CBS or Discovery. It does affect Paramount and ST:XIV though.

In other words go back to where they were back in 2005.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

CBS and Viacom were stronger together than they were apart. Ever since they were separated, both have been trying to fill the voids left in each other's absence without all that great success. Redstone tried to make everyone happy by splitting them after years of discord between the two companies, but it really wasn't a sound business idea in hindsight, IMO.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

CBS has actually been pretty damned successful. One of the worries is that it would affect their stock value if they are merged back together, the other is that Moonves may not want to take on Paramount. His departure could really damage the CBS brand.

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

On the TV front, but CBS launched their own movie division--CBS Films--after parting ways with Paramount and it hasn't set Hollywood on fire at all. Quite a few of their movies have been outright flops while others were mostly low-budget co-productions with other companies, or arrangements where they acted solely as a US distributor.

10. locutus101

locutus101 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, they're obviously much better at TV productions.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I was really looking forward to DSC in the winter when I spend more time inside and it's cold. Well, at least I have Expanse.

12. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Wow--I took a seven year break and missed you when I returned. I had to do a double take to see if this was an old thread. Welcome back.

Stewey likes this.
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is the first I've made it to this thread. I'm not to surprised to hear about the delay, I was already getting nervous when we weren't hearing more news. Hopefully this means they will be able to take their time and deliver an amazing show.

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember when they said Bayer and Mayer were going to be in New York for the convention and I got jealous that they didn't make it to Vegas for the 50th. Post NY convention we still don't have casting news or anything like that. In hindsight they had to delay it. Hopefully we hear about casting soon.