Dexter

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Best episode in a long time, at least since the 4th season finale. I just wish Rudy stuck around longer...

2. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Spiff's theory all but confirmed this episode I think based on the girl's story

I was sad to see Rudy gone so fast, I thought it was gonna be a season long thing with him and his dad as the angel and devil on opposite shoulders. On the other hand I was alarmed where it was taking him so I'm glad he's back on the... er.. righteous path

By the way, anyone else notice this?
    [​IMG]

3. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm lost. I thought Rudy's presence was going to be something that changes the dynamic of Dexter forever according to an article I read hinting about Rudy's return. So WTF?

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm 100% sure that the spoiler about the professor is real now.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember when Jesus was fasting in the desert and the devil turned up and turned a bunch of stones into piping hot loaves to tempt our Savior, and Jesus leveled i suppose what passes for him as a threat... "Don't test me."

Dexter had to chose between right and wrong.

To prove to himself that he was a good person.

A crucible.

A crisis.

6. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I noticed it too, though I couldn't figure out the actual painting, thus thanks for posting it.

This was actually a very good episode, but I am glad Rudy is gone, he was getting on my nerves, but that was probably the intent.
    I wonder if Nebraska will be revisited, as there is still a potential threat to Dexter, with Noah knowing, that Dexter killed Trinity.

[​IMG]
    This episode is already listed on the "American Gothic" Wikipedia article as parody: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gothic#Parodies
    And the editing and camera work in the car reminded me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, it was sick, but again, it was the purpose of it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I thought the "American Gothic" bit was a tad on-the-nose, honestly.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I found the latest episode to be a bit disappointing actually. It had lots of potential with the road trip and Rudy tagging along, but the thing with Trinity's son felt contrived from the beginning (and even learning that it was actually the mother who snapped didn't change that). And the detour with the pot farmer didn't really go anywhere.

I did get a kick out of Rudy voicing what I've felt for quite a while now though-- that Dexter has been softened and domesticated FAR too much over the years, and has lost nearly all the edge he used to have.

9. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After the last episode, I think I'm sold on the Gellar theory...

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

We've seen him interact with things - the shovel, the car's accelerator pedal amongst others - but Rudy did too, in his appearance. They damn well made sure we saw that! Travis has his own Tyler Durden, I'm sure.

11. Guy Gardener

We saw Brian stab that hillbilly with a pitchfork, then the angle switch as the camera panned and it was Dexter seeing the stabbing.

Fantasies can do anything in this world, and interact with the real world in so far as the crazy person thinking him seeing these people act thinks they act.

There was some stuff while "fishing" too.

12. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As for the Shovel. I don't even think there ever was one. Would explain why Travis had no facial bruises afterwards.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I really wish that they'd off laGuerta she's officially as of this season...totally uselsess and annoying. After her storyline last season laid a big fat stinking turd on the show I can't stand her character.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I really wish that they'd off laGuerta she's officially as of this season...totally uselsess and annoying. After her storyline last season laid a big fat stinking turd on the show I can't stand her character. :barf::barf::barf:

15. Guy Gardener

I can't stand how vamped up her makeup and hair is.

She looks like an oompa lumpa drag queen.

On Ugly Betty, she wasn't as Glam and it looked a thousand time better.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's pretty painfully obvious now.
    In fact I actually found myself wanting him to be real in the latest episode, just because that would have seemed like the bigger surprise at this point. lol

17. Guy Gardener

You want a twist?

What if they're spirits? What if Dexter hasn't been crazy the whole time but the Angel of his father has been looking after him? Now if Harry and Adama are both Angels or Demons... That means that they can kick the shit out of each other, and that Dexter can see the professor since he and Hanks Jr are both mediums!

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Isn't that...

What happened in the third Dexter book? I haven't read any of them, but I seem to recall something crazy like that. I doubt the series will go down that route -- although I confess I haven't seen any of season six.

19. Guy Gardener

I am behind on so much reading.

But the word "Pooka" comes to mind for no reason whatsoever.

20. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm only half way through the third book, and yes, it does seem that the dark passanger is a spirit or something. I don't know where they're going with it yet, and i don't know if i like it, but i can't see them taking that angle on the show. It's a little out there. More then likely they are a product of their twisted psyche, and not something supernatural.