Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Masiral, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As usual, the history was nonsense, but it was fun. Interesting idea, to juxtapose Ray and Nate's purely hetero bromance with the most epic love story of all time -- underlining how emotionally open their relationship always was, unlike with a lot of men in our society.

I do feel the whole thing was way too abrupt -- why move out right after making the decision? There was no reason they couldn't have just taken a couple of weeks to sort things out before moving out. I mean, they'd have to line up a new place to live, new jobs, and all that anyway. So the dilemma of just up and leaving and rushing to have "one last mission" felt artificial.

The way they played the love scene between Consteo and Zariet, I get the feeling that wasn't just acting. I'd expected them to have Nate and Zari fall in love again, but are they doing a John-Zari romance instead?

So now we know that Mona isn't gone for good, she's just recurring now. I'd like to think that means Ray could be back, although given how unhappy Routh has sounded about the way the decision was made, it might be a while, if ever.

2. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Probably money related - Brandon Routh had been playing the character for 6 years. His contract was probably up for renewal/renegotiation; and they didn't want to deal with him asking for a raise (which one would understandably expect after 5 years); and they feel they have enough going on in the show to keep audiences returning for the remaining cast, and thus buh bye.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As I understand it, the norm is that regular cast and crew get raises every season, which is why long-running cast members and staffers are often replaced in later seasons or cast size shrinks (e.g. Smallville's 10th season had only 4 regulars, only one of whom had been there from the beginning).

Still, as I've said before, I think the producers had a point that Ray's storyline had kind of come to an end. They've had trouble finding anything interesting to do with him for a couple of years now, which is why he spent much of last season possessed by a demon.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Even without a raise, Routh was probably earning quite a bit more than a lot of the stars. He played Superman in a major motion picture. In fact, he is probably the second richest Arrowverse cast-member (behind Calista Flockhart).

5. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

That was a fast exit for Ray, like it was said above, they should had gave It a couple more episode's.
    And especially because Ray is my favorite character and I love his friendship with Nate, no macho's just good friends with great humor.

6. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I fail to see why Ray couldn't have lasted the season at least. I guess based on the production numbers this was the last episode prior to production of Crisis--so is it possible that his contract ended in December considering the show originally started in January?

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't realize they were actually on a hiatus, I thought they were just throwing an extra repeat or two between each of the new episodes.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some interesting stuff in there.
    It looks like Mick goes back in time to be with his daughter when she was a kid.
    Could Zari and Nate in bed be related to more of new Zari remembering stuff from old Zari's life?
    I'm wondering if that was one of Charlie's sisters we saw her talking to.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Oh my. :lol:

Ovation and Nerys Myk like this.
  13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

I avoid those teasers, as I'm gonna watch the episodes anyway, so just going off the thumbnail image, couple of thoughts:

- Legends not only doing a Star Trek homage, but going full TOS?! Hell, yeah!
    - Is that a plastic wig?!
    - Damn, that shirt is tight-fitting. Never realized Jes Macallan was so ... endowed.

14. AlanC9

AlanC9 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really should not watch Legends teasers while drunk.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

^ I would think that would be the best way to watch them...

AlanC9 likes this.
  16. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Maybe she has a push-up bra?
    Fun teaser but I still miss Ray

17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect she's wearing something to....enhance. As a spoof to Seven/T'Pol and perhaps even the wardrobe issues of TNG and later.

18. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno what show y'all have been watching, but Macallan has never not been more large than small in that bodily vicinity (vagued up in an effort not to objectify).

19. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

She was nude in the movie Femme Fatales. It's most likely real, with a little push up\

20. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Turtletrekker likes this.