DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

My biggest issue with issues with watching/reading/whatever something from someone who's done something I don't like, is that I feel like I'm supporting them, which I don't want to do. It's not as bad if it's something like a movie or TV show, where there are a lot of other people involved, but I won't pay for a books by people like Orson Scott Card. Even with comics I'm a little more open to it since there's usually an artist, colorer, inker, ect. involved.
So for something like The Nevers, even though I'm disgusted by Joss Whedon, I still plan on watching to support people like Jane Espenson, Nick Frost, Eleanor Tomlinson, Pip Torrens, and Olivia Williams.

My biggest issue with issues with watching/reading/whatever something from someone who's done something I don't like, is that I feel like I'm supporting them, which I don't want to do. It's not as bad if it's something like a movie or TV show, where there are a lot of other people involved, but I won't pay for a books by people like Orson Scott Card. Even with comics I'm a little more open to it since there's usually an artist, colorer, inker, ect. involved.
So for something like The Nevers, even though I'm disgusted by Joss Whedon, I still plan on watching to support people like Jane Espenson, Nick Frost, Eleanor Tomlinson, Pip Torrens, and Olivia Williams.
Good points. Yeah, I would probably feel different if we were talking an Ezra Miller one-person production. But as it is, and as I've said many times before, I'll be seeing The Flash mainly for Sasha Calle. Miller's largely a non-factor for me either way.

Yeah, I'd probably say I'm more interested in Sasha Calle's Supergirl, Batfleck, and Michael Keaton's return as Batman, than I am in seeing Ezra Miller's Flash again. At this point, I would be perfectly happy if they found a way to turn this into a 3 person team up movie about Batfleck, Keaton/Batman, and Calle/Supergirl.

Last edited:
CBR is a notorious clickbait website, so we'll see what other more credible outlets say or don't say about this.

Deadline Hollywood is reporting 37 shows that were completed and set to air have been pulled from the HBO Max schedule. While Titans isn't on the list, it's future is uncertain.

Looks like the situation for most movies pulled from HBO Max aren't as bad as I first feared. For example, Locked Down and American Pickle are still available to rent from Prime Video.

Paul Heyman is great, and he's 100% right with this.

As for HBO Max, at this point they are literally pulling shows that are completed and have been on HBO Max for awhile just to not pay residuals, which have to be pennies for a large corporation. I legitimately think at this point that Discovery is going to cause damage to WB that it will never recover from, even when the current guy is inevitably replaced once he's screwed up enough stuff. Its the systematic destruction of WB/HBO by the moron behind shows like Honey Boo Boo, and its become the equivalent of watching a trainwreck happen right in front of you for me at this point.

Deadline Hollywood is reporting 37 shows that were completed and set to air have been pulled from the HBO Max schedule. While Titans isn't on the list, it's future is uncertain.

I thought "Titans" had already been renewed for a fourth season.

Unless they pull Titans, Batgirl style, season 4 is scheduled to be released--but what I read said that beyond that won't be known until after the season comes out.

Honestly, I think I'm more upset by Scoob!: Holiday Haunt, than Batgirl. As much I was looking forward to Batgirl, it was pretty much an unknown, but I saw and liked Scoob!, and I was looking forward to more in that universe, so I was pretty confident I was going to like that one too.

‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ Series Not Moving Forward At HBO Max

https://deadline.com/2022/08/batman-caped-crusader-series-not-moving-forward-at-hbo-max-1235097947/

Apparently its not necessarily being cancelled, they're going to shop it around to different places. When the guy in charge hates cartoons so much they decide to not air a Batman cartoon, you know that hell really has frozen over :cardie:.

I was a bit iffy on it since Bruce Timm is involved and he's really gone downhill since Green Lantern TAS ended, but if an animated Batman show is now not good enough for HBO Max, what is?

I swear, we better be getting that damn Venture Bros movie. Hopefully being adult oriented will save it from getting cancelled....

At least this is going to be shopped around. Being a Batman show with the names Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves attached, it would be absolutely shocking if it didn't find a new home.

Back