DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Good God, are they actually calling it that now?

*Googles* Apparently so. The mind boggles, reels, staggers, and falls to the ground.

The first season was actually remarkably good. I bought the Blu-ray of the second season but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

That title change, though. Ye gods. :barf2:

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

You forgot Harley Quinn Season 3, Titans Season 4, Doom Patrol Season 3, Black Canary, and Green Lantern Corps.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Correcting someone's pronoun use is polite.

4. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No rumors of swamp thing revival?

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Other posters' misuse of Ezra Miller's pronouns is the hill you're going to take a stand on?

[​IMG]

YLu, Captaindemotion and Jinn like this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK thanks, that was why I was asking, I was pretty sure I was stuff I was forgetting.

7. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

With the intensified focus on the movies being DC's most important productions, the four films above appear to be a strong continuation/start for the ten year plan. If only they can avoid any attempt to adapt "C-list" (and lower) characters, the ship might stay the course.

Now, regarding...

...despite longtime comic fans knowing the various versions of the character, as noted about the Black Canary project, this is one in need of a boost from larger characters, as his source did not have the greatest of stories to work from.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

I am curious to see if it makes any difference. Imagine the blunt on-the-nose titles we will get if it does.

9. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

It's already a premise that invites mockery, though what I've seen of the show definitely transcends its "really?" concept. But that new subtitle just sounds like self-parody.

10. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah the show starts a little awkward and then REALLY gets going, and descends into the best kind of madness. Definitely feel the presence of the Gotham writers in this one.

Well, anyway, loved most of season 1 but for reasons I don't really know couldn't be bothered to watch season 2... heh

11. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fuck. What a ridiculous bloodbath. All so Discovery can shovel more reality TV shit into the world.

We still have Doom Patrol...for now...

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Enterprise became Star Trek: Enterprise in season 3 (actually a few episodes into season 3), but the season count wasn't changed. And other series have had subtitles added to specific seasons, like Young Justice: Invasion or Doctor Who: Flux, without being counted as new starts.

But yeah, as subtitles go, this one seems a bit desperate.

13. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

I heard a rumor that they were going to change the name of the show to Pennyworth: It's Connected to Batman, Please Watch!

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

I was looking to see something about the show and saw this on HBO Max.
    [​IMG]

Only comes up on search, if you actually click it the subtitle isn't shown.

The most recent probably being Orville: New Horizons.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

So, THR says that WB is considering 3 options for The Flash. Firstly, that Miller seeks help and does limited press, explaining the reasons for their recent behaviour. Secondly, that they play no part in promoting the movie. And thirdly, the nuclear option of scrapping the film. Which I guess isn’t entirely unlikely, given the Batgirl decision. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...ra-miller-problem-worsens-warners-1235196919/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm surprised scrapping a $200 million movie is even on the table. It shows how bad the situation has gotten. Although it sounds like they won't go there unless Miller does something even worse.

Let's hope Miller seeks therapy and gets their act together before things get any worse, regardless of the fate of the film.

17. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember eleven year old me being bitterly disappointed that the Ron Ely "Doc Savage" movie never made it to any movie theater near me, thinking I'd missed something wonderful. When I finally saw it on TV, I could see why at least one distributor called it "unsellable."

Some movies really are bad enough to not get released, no matter how much one might love the characters they're based upon.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Same, but the Lou Ferrigno Hercules. But holy crap, I’d like to think that a modern day studio pic could never be as bad as that.

19. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would bet money that it's not as bad as that, and that the recent string (and maybe future outings) of movies from both WB and Disney might even be worse. I mean. There aren't annoying screaming goats in Batgirl (I have to assume), so it's already ahead of the recent pack.

20. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Very much the case. Whether it was the Ely Doc Savage, the Matt Salinger Captain America (1990), or Corman's unreleased Fantastic Four (1994), there were--and are some superhero productions that were never going to live up to expectations (from a studio and/or fan perspective) or capture the best of a character. Some will need to accept that might have been the case with Batgirl.

the G-man likes this.