DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Very good news. More of the fantastic DCEU Snyder shepherded continues.

Interesting.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Which was turned into Doomsday.

As for Faora I'm pretty sure Snyder said she survived in some interview or in the live commentary he did on MOS.

If Keaton is playing the mentor role in the Batgirl film then it seems to me we won't be getting Keaton in a Batman Beyond film. Which is disappointing.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think, if the Keaton news is true, Batgirl will BE the DCCU version of Batman Beyond.

Commander Troi likes this.
  4. TREK_GOD_1

Possibly.

5. Saul

If it's Batgirl Beyond then OK but that would have to include the futuristic setting of 'Batman Beyond'. You'd need the flying Batsuit and Batmobile. Just to be a mentor would not make it 'Batman/Batwoman/Batgirl Beyond'.

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But if Keaton's Batman is from 1989, then Beyond that is now. It's the Keaton version of Batman Beyond, not the DCAU/comics version.

Besides which, Beyond never made sense with that anyways. Unless Bruce was 250 years old or something. And Dick and Barbara were 230ish. Technology hasn't progressed that quickly.

7. Saul

Ok, then taking that into account, what makes this anything like 'Batman Beyond' other than the mentor role?

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe he'll be the corpse again:lol:

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A lot of the technology in B:TAS was futuristic despite the '40s-ish setting -- humanlike robots and AIs, mutagenic chemicals, freeze rays, mind control chips, invisibilty suits, time-altering devices. And that's just in the "grounded" B:TAS, before you get into the wilder high-tech stuff in Superman and Justice League. So you can't really judge Beyond's technology based on real-world progress.

10. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Using '89 as the starting point... smart phones, internet, driverless cars, drones. There's a lot.

It's just not an exact adaptation of the cartoon with the same name.

11. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't they say along time ago that this Flash movie would be called Flashpoint? Since Wb seems to love re-doing characters while they still have ANOTHER version going AT THE SAME TIME, I assume this might be part of it... Flashpoint will have an alternate universe where Zof survives. In his attempt to fix it, Flash might go to another Earth and pick up Keaton on the way back home.

Cavill might be in it, but only at the end, and maybe the beginning.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Rumors

say that the Flash may travel through multiple universes and not just go to Keaton’s Earth.

13. Morpheus 02

I am assuming the scene in the CW Crisis will be reflected here as well. It will be interesting to see if they match the movie story with the dialogue on the TV show.

14. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh. We saw Superman's corpse in the comics in 1993. We're on a Star Trek board and we saw Spock's corpse in Wrath of Khan and Kulber's corpse in Discovery, among others...

15. TREK_GOD_1

Your childish insult aside, I dount there's a significant number of fans upset that Keaton is in the Batgirl project instead of Affleck; If the Batgirl film takes place in the alternate universe where Keaton's character lives, the main Batman--Affleck's--would not be there in any case.

Man of Steel was one of the few superhero films where a villain was stopped in the only sensible way possible, so I doubt the main DCEU will reverse that. Anything that happens in an alternate universe has no bearing on the events of Man of Steel.

Seeing Cavill return as the greatest screen Superman would be a joyous experience.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Jax likes this.
  16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

17. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you think Green Lantern could have been a big hit and if so how?

18. Morpheus 02

The movie? For me , the 1st half was cosmic. But when they came to earth, it felt deflated. Also, make Parallax NOT like the FF movie Galactus would have helped.

Also, Hal should have been fighting alongside other GL's. But one of the things that should.have made help special would be human creativity (like imagining toys or something crazy and no standard. Give him a sign of being special.

19. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the movie had a lot of potential. I still believe the mistake was introducing the full extent of the GL Corps so quickly. The movie should have been entirely based on Earth with Hammond as the main villain. Hal discovering the rings abilities on his own while defeating Hammond would have been a great story. The movie could have ended with Sinestro arriving on Earth and introducing himself to Hal, leaving the space adventure open for the sequel.

Commander Troi, Unicron and suarezguy like this.
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still think something a big closer to GL Secret Origins, with Hal and Sinestro hunting Atrocitus on Earth could have been a great movie.
    I enjoyed the GL movie, but I think my biggest issue was that it just tried to introduce too much too quickly, trying to do Hal's origin story with the whole GL Corps, Hammond, and Parallax all at once. I think starting smaller, and then working their way up to bigger things, like the whole GL Corps, and Parallax would have been a better idea.

Commander Troi and theenglish like this.