DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sorry......

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really disappointed that 'Caped Crusader' is just a darker remake of an already really perfect animated series. What's the need, really, to do this? Other than sticking your name on it and riding on the back of past glory?

'The Flash' I'm most excited for. Keaton's voice is the best thing out of it all.

Overall I'm disappointed by DC Fandome, I felt we didn't get all that much. We didn't need Eurovision Song Contest presenters introducing us to the trailers. Just give us the trailers.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Bruce Timm lost all ability he had to make a good production years ago, he's obsessed with being more "adult" and its lead to so much rancid shit (the Batman & Harley Quinn animated movie being a great example of how far Timm has fallen). So, I have literally zero interest in watching his new show. At worst it will be infuriating, at best it will be a morbidly interesting trainwreck. Either way, I've watched more then enough mediocre to terrible Batman stuff at this point, especially in animation.

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are they still doing a live-action Green Lantern series for HBO?

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Flash and Aquaman are the only projects of any real interest from that list--especially the Flash and the world it operates in.

6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

No clue. They mentioned nothing about it.

It was a very strange several hours. Lots of things are still in production or post (or pre?) and so had little to show. Lots of things in the pipe, some I hadn't heard of before. Milestone is doing a cool program to help train young talent. The Batman looks better than I expected. There's a new animated Constantine something, voiced by Matt Ryan. My happiest moment was learning that Young Justice season 4 was airing the first 2 eps immediately. :luvlove:

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Dick Whitman and Captaindemotion like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Seeing those announcements again I remember when those were first made. But had completely forgotten until. Shows how far off the radar it is.

Studios usually have strict schedules of when details of active productions are released. I am surprised DC does not do multiple Fandomes each year. Maybe at least twice a year. For all the pre publicity it revealed little. Movies a year or two a way I understand holding back. But The Flash’s 8th season starts in one month with a big 5 episode event and yet all we learn is he finally gets gold boots??!! Which is already all over Twitter from location photos. Plus other big spoilers.

That is the other weird thing. It’s understandable that these video segments are filmed in advance. But most seemed very out of date. During the summer a more detailed video from The Flash movie leaked online.

9. Saul

I was watching Fatman Beyond today and I think their idea about how the plot of the Flash movie is going to unfold would make sense. The director said that Ben's Batman is the emotional backbone of the film which leads me to think that he's going to bite the dust in this one in the first act because of Barry's actions to change the past. Then having no Batman to protect Gotham City Barry brings Keaton's Batman to his universe to mentor a new Batman/girl.

10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like we are gonna have a whole lot of comparisons with MCU Spiderman and No Way Home....but that Spiderman people will say is more earned/set-up while Flash my feel like the DCFU trying to fix itself

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

12. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Firefly, huh? Will probably work. Thing is, Fraser's so fucking likeable, I'm not sure I can see him as a proper villain. But that's just my lack of vision, I'm sure he'll make it work.

13. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Cool! I've always liked him and he's doing a terrific job in Doom Patrol!

dupersuper and Captaindemotion like this.
  14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Wouldn't be the first time a "nice guy" actor proved he was capable of playing a villain. Ronny Cox was typecast as a "nice guy" actor for a long time until he was cast against type as the villain in RoboCop, which he did so well that he ended up getting typecast as villains from then on.

Alternatively, maybe they want Firefly to be a sympathetic villain, like Kristen Wiig's Cheetah.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he's not someone I think of when I think of villains, but I look forward to seeing what he does in the role.

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

**** yeah! That's ******* cool! Can't ******* wait! *flips off haters* ;)

17. Saul

I'm glad to see him make a comeback.

18. Captaindemotion

People complain about the internet being mean and nasty but one constantly pleasant thing about it is how much widespread affection for Brendan Fraser there is across the board.

19. Captaindemotion

20. Saul

I bet Jordan's Superman will be out the gate and be done filming before JJ gets his off the ground.