DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah but that movie is just his send off.
    I don’t think think we will get another Cavil movie. This is them telling us they have moved on. I mean he isn’t even in Flashpoint

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

There are still rumors that Affleck will do a HBO Batman series. I don't think we will ever get a Cavil Superman movie but I do think he'll return in some capacity.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Joker was amazing, but there is zero need for any kind of sequel.

Except making money of course, which is the whole point.

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

A Joker sequel with Batman could be interesting, but we've done that before.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I agree and I got the impression that both the star and director felt the same, viewing it as a one-off. I can see them moving off without Philips but I imagine that Phoenix is irreplaceable (in a sequel to this film, not as the character generally, of course).

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That is supposition, not fact. Until it becomes a fact, the possibility remains. Things can change unpredictably in Hollywood. A year and a half ago, it seemed highly unlikely that the Snyder Cut would ever be released.

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Another actor will play a popular role, so that somehow means that the previous actor will never get to play that role again? Between Brandon Routh's Superman in CoIE and Michael Keaton's Batman in The Flash movie, never say never again.

8. thribs

I had hope it will be. I’m just amazed it took them so long .

9. Christopher

And I doubted it ever would be. I was wrong about that; you could be wrong about this. The universe does not shape itself to fit any one person's expectations, so we should never mistake those expectations for objective truths. When it comes to the future, we can acknowledge that one possibility is more likely than another, but we should remain aware that circumstances might change and shift the probabilities in another direction.

10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Although a Joker sequel set forty years after the first movie would allow Joaquin Phoenix to come back and face a Bruce Wayne and Batman that are now approaching middle age yet retaining memories of that first encounter at the gate of Wayne Manor in 1981.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would he be in his 80s?

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    He'd be under makeup. It wouldn't matter all that much.

;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  13. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was referring to Kai's comment about some being alienated (or alienating themselves) with the casting of this new Superman movie because he will be black, and although Sam Wilson's comment was both in-universe and about the racial views of the real world, I also gathered it was a comment about fans of this franchise who would resent the fact Sam became the new Captain America. In fact, over the years, there have been some very vocal MCU fans who wanted Bucky to be the next Captain America, always trying to find imagined faults with Sam, in the face of what happened in the comics.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Depends on how old the money is. Some black fortunes go back a century. (Remember, it's 2021) The Wayne's just have to be rich they don't need to be 18th Century original rich.
    IIRC, part of the Wayne family backstory is being Abolitionists and involved in the Underground Railroad. I think the future Batcave might have even been a "station" on the railroad.

15. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that was from the Nolan movies?

16. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What if the Joker sequel has Batman but get this... as the antagonist...

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

A source I found shows it being from Legends of the Dark Knight # 27 (1992)

crookeddy likes this.
  18. Christopher

Or a hereditarily rich white Thomas Wayne could've married a black Martha Kane, and Bruce would be biracial. Or Thomas could be the biracial one, making Bruce only 1/4 white while still inheriting the centuries-old Wayne fortune. Or a black Thomas could've been adopted by Bruce's white grandparents. There are a number of ways it could work, in addition to your suggestion.

19. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Was there any backlash when Sam took over the shield in the comics?

20. thribs

In the comics they change roles all the time so I doubt people cared. I mean a few years before that, Bucky was Cap. Steve was killed in Civil War and he took over, only for him to die in Fear Itself and Steve took it back. I forget how he came back.