DC Cinematic Universe ( The James Gunn era)

Not surprised, it seemed kind of strange to do a series set in Arkham in a universe where they hadn't even introduced most of Batman's rogue's gallery, they're the main appeal to Arkham set stories. Now if it had been a stand alone series that was free to use any and all of the villains, that would have been a lot more interesting.

Kumail Nanjiani is a bit older then I'd generally want to cast for Booster (Booster's attitude, at least in his early years as a hero, really screams "cocky 20-something", especially tied in with the characters history as a sports star who lost it all), but he's not a bad actor by any means.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 3 came out yesterday. Someone was a DCAU fan.

That universe gets the longest cameo of all as it’s destroyed. A scene of Batman beating up Joker with Conroy and Hamill voicing them. Joker and Batman are using their early BTAS designs. Well sorta, Batman’s face is drawn like early BTAS, but his costume is based on the later one.

However it then cuts to the JLU watchtower, with some of the other leaguers, no voice lines here though, and their universe ends on a shot of GL and Hawkgirl kissing.

Other cameo universes include the super friends and Teen Titans. Super friends gets a short animated sequence, but the Teen Titans one is just an establishing shot of the tower

Last edited:
Do we know yet if they'll continue making these DTV movies after the new DCU starts?

A member on another forum message board who lives in Cleveland said that they shut down traffic around Union Terminal yesterday for some location filming.
Union Terminal is the inspiration for the Hall of Justice.

A member on another forum message board who lives in Cleveland said that they shut down traffic around Union Terminal yesterday for some location filming.
Union Terminal is the inspiration for the Hall of Justice.

Ooh, I wish I'd known. I can see the Terminal from the overlook park just down the street. Well, hopefully it's for more than a day or two.

New Joker 2: Folie A Deux trailer. I never quite know if that movie belongs in this thread or not, but it’ll have to do. I think the trailer looks great FWIW
[/QUOT
New Joker 2: Folie A Deux trailer. I never quite know if that movie belongs in this thread or not, but it’ll have to do. I think the trailer looks great FWIW

Assuming it is #2 movie of the year (or upper top 10 at least), we can probably expect more, and the WB will embrace it in some fashion.

Definitely the "Infinity and Beyond" thread is coming to an end... (I might do a couple last posts there)

Meanwhile Matt Reeves has given more details about The Penguin and the two abortive shows set in his The Batman universe and why they’re not going ahead:

And while DC is sitting out this year’s comic-con, it may still be making some announcements

Very, very interested in Joker 2: Folie A Deux. Its the only DC film i'm excited to see in the near future of releases.

María Gabriela "The Engineer" de Faría just had this to say about Gunn's Superman:

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/580013-superman-engineer-badass-maria-gabriela-de-faria

"Colorful." "Happy." Yes, please. :)

Its good to hear, although a bit ironic coming from someone playing a character from one of the most grimdark, edgy BS comics that DC ever published. The Authority is so dark and edgy that one of the most classic Superman stories of modern times was written specifically as a "Screw You" to the book and all it stands for (Specifically Action Comics #775 "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, & the American Way?"), its so weird to include a character from The Authority in a Superman movie (yes DC did a superman & Authority comic a few years ago, but it was originally planned to be more edgy BS that grant Morrison then agreed to write literally to save Superman's characterization, its not something to use in a normal Superman story).

As for Joker 2, its still not even remotely based on The Joker, but a crappy director scamming WB out of money to make a terrible musical that will probably piss off most fans of the first movie is a pretty funny situation to me so I don't mind the film existing (although I obviously won't be watching it).

It'll be interesting to see if Joker 2 does well or becomes the next sequel to a 'billion-dollar box office' to flounder. (Like Aquaman and Captain Marvel.)

Its good to hear, although a bit ironic coming from someone playing a character from one of the most grimdark, edgy BS comics that DC ever published. The Authority is so dark and edgy that one of the most classic Superman stories of modern times was written specifically as a "Screw You" to the book and all it stands for (Specifically Action Comics #775 "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, & the American Way?"), its so weird to include a character from The Authority in a Superman movie (yes DC did a superman & Authority comic a few years ago, but it was originally planned to be more edgy BS that grant Morrison then agreed to write literally to save Superman's characterization, its not something to use in a normal Superman story).
Well I mean, all indications are "The Engineer" is an antagonist in the film, so ....

It'll be interesting to see if Joker 2 does well or becomes the next sequel to a 'billion-dollar box office' to flounder. (Like Aquaman and Captain Marvel.)
Joker 2 is going to make huge numbers at the box office, unless the script is horrendous. If the script is similar in quality to the original movie then I'm expecting some possible awards nominations.

EDIT: I do have to say that I wish the Joker movies were based on an original character. It's the Joker in name only.

Back