• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

DC Cinematic Universe ( The James Gunn era)

Japanese Clayface poster:
BcRtviF.jpeg
 
I think Clayface should begin with the text “Based on a True Story”. To make people very uncomfortable. Also so there can be completely ridiculous conspiracy theories online.

Inspired by my favorite joke in Coyote v Acme. Which starts with that.

Not to shame anyone’s discomfort with this. Not really a horror fan. Always a film by film basis. I am sure stuff I would like but never seen. Not due to fear of being uncomfortable but most seems derivative. Until I saw The Substance I never heard of Body Horror before. I loved that. To me that was metaphorical and psychological. Because nothing like that can happen. Hoping for same with Clayface. Otherwise gore for the sake of it would be boring.
 
Yeah, I have watched some body horror, like The Fly, but it's definitely not always a comfortable genre to watch.
i wonder if there will be the subplots in the people vs grodd

Why wouldn't there be?
I literally can't think of a single series I have ever watched that didn't have some kind of subplots. I think it would be almost literally impossible to do an 8 to 15 hour series without subplots. Hell, even most 1.5 to 2 hour movies have subplots.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah, well, as Donovan would have it, "Superman and Green Lantern..." ;)



To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

 
I'm not surprised, so far WB seems to be pretty happy with how things have been going, other than Supergirl obviously.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Makes sense to brief this now as creating uncertainty around Gunn's position risks damaging Man of Tomorrow's box office performance.
Yeah, they've got enough on their plate without adding another franchise to restart.
I suspect all they'll do is replace Gunn once his contract runs out and do a soft reboot and course correction of the DCU.
 
That is the new tactic of the cult that was certain Gunn would be gone NOW, they have moved his inevitable firing date down the road…

🙄

I will never understand people who confuse "What I want to be true" with "What is objectively true." Have they had charmed lives and never suffered any disappointments? For myself, I've had so many frustrations and letdowns in life that I'd never expect reality to bend to my hopes.
 
That is the new tactic of the cult that was certain Gunn would be gone NOW, they have moved his inevitable firing date down the road…

🙄
The Star Wars bois have been doing the same thing with Kathleen Kennedy and the Disney leadership for ages.

If you keep predicting every day that an executive will leave a studio job, you'll eventually be right on one day of your life. That's enough to keep the clickbait grifters going...
 
People seem very tribal about this and strangely invested in Gunn keeping his position. The mere suggestion that Skydance might eventually replace Gunn with their own guy is treated as outlandish and this along with any expression of frustration with the direction of the DCU leads you to be automatically assumed to be a supporter of Zack Snyder.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top