Creative Writing, Poetry, Arts & Crafts, and Other Creations Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Locutus of Bored, Mar 12, 2018.

1. think

think About it! Premium Member

birds changing trees.jpg

a picture I made like 4 years ago that I had on my wall where I used to live- it was taken down and most likely lost but it is one of my more favorite works I did with pen on copy paper-

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This morning I realized I accidently had characters leaving a place and then arriving back at the same place, in a different location. Ooops. So I'm going to back and change where the character start out.

Rhodan and think like this.
  3. Malicia

Malicia Fleet Captain Premium Member

Very proud of this composition from 2011. It's not perfect but I was trying to show how backing chords can change the tone of a note.

XCV330 likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've decided to make one last big change to the part of my story I'm working on. I kept changing my mind on what kind of a relationship my two main characters had before the story starts, and I finally settled on one I like, but that meant adjusting some of the stuff I've written. It also led me to add a new flashback scene related to that scene. I had originally had different storyline in mind for the flashbacks, but I realized that story wasn't really connected to what's going on in the present, and I'd rather have whatever flashbacks I have be directly connected to the present day story. So that whole story is going to be it's own separate thing. The present day/flashback set up I have in mind is inspired by shows like Lost or Arrow, where they had a present day story, and then flashback story that tied into it.
    I'm really happy with what I have now, and so I really think I'm done playing with it, and might be ready to let people read some of what I've got very soon. I've been doing it on Word Online, and it turns out they actually a way to set up a link to share it, but not let people edit it, so I'll probably go that route when I'm ready to share it with you guys. I'm gonna let some of my family read it first, but I do want to get some outsiders opinions, and this seems like a good place to get it.

think likes this.
  5. think

the picture of water.jpg
    just now added it to my art a day group on fb too--- they like my stuff and post lots of art everyday but not so much as I can't keep up with the likes for all the arts.

new one done next.jpg
    just edited my post to include the next one I made about 1/2 hour after making the one above-

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Steven P Bastien likes this.
  6. think

ufo.jpg
    https://alonetone.com/acid/tracks/--peace
    very mellow ambish like song I made yesterday---- this is the video of me making it on my iPad-

I didn't really play the two tracks together in the video just the making of each track and making the settings so they were on the left and right sides of the stereo --- then rendering and uploading was done off film- :)

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I have to admit, for some reason I really like the thought of aliens painting "UFO" in big letters on the side of their flying saucer... :hugegrin:

think likes this.
  8. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Anyone who likes to write stories might be interested in Camp NaNoWriMo. It runs twice a year, in April and July, so the April event is coming up in less than a month.

Camp NaNoWriMo is easier than the main November NaNoWriMo, because the Camp event allows you to set your own goal to meet in 30 days. I find November stressful, so I usually set an easier goal for myself in April and July - enough to be a bit of a daily challenge, but not enough to make me panic that I won't make my daily minimum word count. So call it a relaxing 15,000 words in 30 days, which I can pull off in less than an hour/day.

Some folks opt for the full 50,000 and others take it easy at 5000. It's up to you.

One of the things about Camp events is that you and some friends can opt to form your own cabin. It's like a message board where you can chat about your stories, give encouragement, bounce ideas around, or just say 'hi'.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can opt to join a random cabin. I did that one time and found myself with about a dozen younger women, most of whom seemed to be writing some kind of fantasy fanfic in a variety of franchises from Twilight to Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings to some anime stuff I never heard of. These people came from all around the world, so it was fun to chat and get to know some people from other places (not that we don't do that here, but still...).

I've still got a lot of in-story years to go on the project I'm currently working on, or I might take a break and try something else. I got hooked on Harry Potter last year and since then I've had some weird ideas for crossovers. Floating these ideas past some folks on the gaming forum I usually hang out at has received positive responses, so even if they don't become a NaNo project, I'll still do them someday.

think likes this.
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been doing some more writing, I don't know if I mentioned, but most of what I've been doing for the last few weeks has been cleaning stuff I've already written, and making changes to fit my new ideas. I'm almost to where I stopped before, so pretty soon I should be back to writing completely new stuff. I have added a couple new scenes in between the old stuff, and I'm pretty going to be adding another new one today.

think likes this.
  10. think

stuff 5smz.jpg stuff 6smz.jpg stuff 8smz.jpg

On occasion I will work with the digital images I capture from the video's I am making live feed with.--- this is one such example--- I did about 20 of these the other day to many to post here but these three were made about 6 minutes ago... from a screen capture of the live video feed I am broadcasting here

https://www.twitch.tv/xik6

Avro Arrow and Kai "the spy" like this.
  11. think

purple shades.jpg
    so using purple and white oil paint I have mix the purple to various shades and things... my gf said this reminds her of a campfire in the clouds.. :) others were saying it is more a wintery type image.=== what do you think I made this about 3 hours ago.

12. think

C7259BB3-E754-4AE3-9246-9554580EFFB1.jpeg
    Oil on canvas,.. “standing figure,.. tube man.” Yeah,..

Kai "the spy" and Avro Arrow like this.
  13. think

5882A181-9FA2-4DDB-A2A6-6A7598BC9F9B.jpeg

Tonight, “Midnight’s FaceTime” - oil on canvas.

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  14. Malicia

This is me singing one of my favourite songs from the 90s two days before my 40th birthday. Good thing about this track is I didn't need to alter the pitch and booked a day at a recording studio in the Cotswolds as part of a bucket list before I turned 40. The engineer made me a cuppa when I arrived and was a typical rocker type and made me feel right at home. He apologised for his cat chewing my DVD case but I thought it was endearing. I watched it chewing and thought it was a nice memento. Maybe good luck for a recording studio engineer's black cat to chew my DVD case.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's pretty good.

Malicia and think like this.
  16. think

Very nice voice it is a good mix on the video- :)
    on and on --- perpetual broadcasting on twitch with a devoted computer to doing that and a network that usually can handle the feed--- but yeah, when I create it goes out as well- intermittent in the stream with live music being created0---

https://www.twitch.tv/xik6

Malicia likes this.
  17. think

8 works in a inner child art session .. last work I didn’t add the watercolors..

27A168D0-4CC1-4730-B96E-3E8AC289AA2A.jpeg E9832C7E-86F3-4626-AFA7-C9E0DCFC1D5B.jpeg 1A715E80-61C1-463B-9191-CBA93FC4AE18.jpeg E107A50E-CE40-43EB-B171-84E97701CADD.jpeg 95C6A042-02EA-42D4-A8A2-664B474EAF94.jpeg 036FE82F-5F82-4648-9858-F8F9813DCE7D.jpeg 94C4A715-4631-49AA-B4CC-93433DCC638B.jpeg 960E9150-30B7-4025-8029-D1BE07E92AE7.jpeg

Malicia, Avro Arrow and Kai "the spy" like this.
  18. extracted files from a holgraphic recorder

if you guys dont hear from me again......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2021
    think and Malicia like this.
  19. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I've made a good start to Camp NaNoWriMo. I decided on a relaxing 15,000 words, and am so far on track, even a little ahead.

think likes this.
  20. Malicia

More tracks of me singing 5th April 2017. I'm posting these because I need to do it again.

XCV330, think and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.