News Coronavirus Pandemic Information and Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EmoBorg, Feb 1, 2020.

1. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

2. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

Sending all the hugs, lemon tea, and virtual chicken soup for your fast and complete recovery, @wayoung !

I'm so sorry this happened to you, but so glad that it's a relatively mild case - I don't want to undercut your symptoms and suffering, certainly ! - and will be pulling for you and looking for updates as you get better !

The stats are on your side, thankfully, as you have received the vaccination - and the booster, too, if I'm not mistaken - so I'll be looking forward to your return to health very soon :techman:

Still in strict zero-contact mode here on Quarantini Mountain to guard my long-termer brother's health and survival, but the no-mask, no-social distancing, no-vax assholes have me thinking that this just might never end...

As @Commander Troi (Hey, Troi !) so eloquently said:

:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::censored:

Avro Arrow and Commander Troi like this.
  3. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Hi Westie!

I've had "gastrointestinal upset" and no appetite for almost a week. I have an in-home test coming just in case, but I might go to urgent care if I don't feel better soon. :barf2:

Westie1701 likes this.
  4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

We will get through it. I know it sounds pretty grim right now, but we've done it before with the Spanish Flu and other very infectious diseases. Humanity is resilient. It always finds a way to bounce back. We may have to temporarily reduce some of our liberties and some of the things we take for granted, but if everyone would take a step back and realize that all this stuff is being done for them and everyone around them, for the world, then we could start healing. We'll come through stronger for it for the wisdom and experience we've all accumulated.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup.

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  6. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    IANAD- if you are taking antibiotics, they can cause gastrointestinal upset.

Westie1701 likes this.
  7. Commander Troi

Nope, none of those.

Hubby has been exposed to everything going around (including probably COVID) at his workplace, plus I had surgery last month and have been to docs and PT. The possibilities are endless.

Westie1701 likes this.
  8. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

Oh, Troi - I'm so sorry ! Stomach problems plus no appetite is just the worst :mad:

Hoping that it clears up soon - you need your strength ! - and that your test comes back negative, hon !

Hugs, tea, more hugs, and prayers for you that you stay safe - I'll be thinking of you :)

Commander Troi likes this.
  9. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

I had planned to go visit my girlfriend for New Year's but we decided to postpone because of the weather and the Omicron variant, and I hadn't received my booster shot yet.

Turns out that might have been the smart thing to do as her daughter and granddaughter, who were there that night, came down with it a couple of days later; then she came down with it on the sixth.

She's been at home in bed and when I spoke to yesterday she said she was finally feeling better, but initially, even just getting up out of bed to go to the bathroom took the wind out of her.

Her boss has been pressuring her to come back to work because of the new CDC guidelines that say you can resume normal activities after five days as long as you wear a mask.

I told Traci to tell her boss to screw it and wait the full ten days then go back to work after MLK day.

10. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    AMEN!

Commander Troi and Westie1701 like this.
  11. Commander Troi

Urgent Care did a rapid test and it came up negative for COVID. But they sent me to the ER - shortness of breath, dizzy, light-headed, can barely stand, and already fell once.

Westie1701 likes this.
  12. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

hope you are doing ok

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Tested positive today. Balls. Can't afford to miss 10 days of work.

14. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12 days since symptoms started. Everything has improved except the cough which is expected. My asthma always goes haywire when I'm sick at all. Could be months before it goes away. Fatigue is much better. Not 100% resolved but much improved. Things still taste wrong & dull. Overall I'd be back to pretty much normal life.

Good things from covid: Lack of taste eliminated most cravings for junk food and I've lost weight. Lowest I've been in 3 years. Also, fatigue & codeine gave me an entire week averaging over 8 hours of sleep, which has happened only once before in all the time I've had a fitbit. With increased sleep also came a drop in my resting heart rate by about 5 bpm Really hoping I can keep up that habit once I stop the cough syrup.

15. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feel better soon!

16. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess Station Eleven is not something that would be on most of your watch lists. It deals with a society that tries to rebuild after a massive flu pandemic. On the plus side, there is mask wearing in the series which must have made for easier filming. I started watching it today and find it quite compelling.

Westie1701 and Commander Troi like this.
  17. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked it, although I preferred the year one stuff vs the year 20 stuff.

Westie1701 likes this.
  18. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's not a severe case, and you recover quickly.

I've heard good things. I do want to watch it if I ever end up getting Crave.

19. Commander Troi

Sorry. *HUGS*

I'm still a bit sick, but the swab up my nose to my brain confirmed it's not COVID, just a virus.

20. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry I missed you up there. Get Well and be OK Soon! Like, NOW!