News Coronavirus Pandemic Information and Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EmoBorg, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

My mom is. I sadly am not. Had a very bad side effect that could get worse from it. It was blood platelet related. That said, if I was able to, I'd do it. I'm in no way anti vaccine.

Been feeling a bit better. My sense of taste is improving. Thankfully the worst that I had was a metallic taste in my mouth. Still rather lethargic tho.

Thanks! We're feeling a bit better, but it's definitely not something that I'd wish on people.

Had to do a bit of shopping today and people are so selfish. Still out there unmasked and some of these (I hesitate to call them people) pieces of work were coughing. One had a particular croupy cough. Moved as fast as I could away from them. They all think that they're invincible.

Yikes. That's not good.

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I definitely don't think I'm invincible. I was in the ER Friday night. I'd gone to urgent care because I've been wheezing a little, and felt like I had a bad stitch in the side that wouldn't go away. So I thought I'd go to urgent care and get an oral steroid. But having contracted COVID meant that there was a possibility that I had a blood clot in my lung. So they sent me to the ER and the ER people determined that my lungs might possibly be inflamed or that I have some wicked muscle strain. I tend to get deep coughs to begin with. And we can add voice loss to my issues. I've been without a voice for 35 days now.

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Hey, Earthlings! Stop nuking each other! Moderator

^ Wow, I'm so sorry for all you're going through @Peach Wookiee . Hopefully things will start to get better soon.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  4. Peach Wookiee

I consider not having something major wrong with the heart and lungs good. And this did help me discover that my voice going down is an early warning system. If there’s something in my respiratory system, my voice goes down first.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  5. Peach Wookiee

Sorry for the double-post, folks. I have been benched for this week by my doctor. My lung tissues are inflamed, as are my sinuses, so I'm on an antihistamine, prednisone and ibuprofen. I have my feline nephew for company and a quiet house to enjoy. But again, COVID is no joke, people.