Changes: Post Count, Policy Updates, TNZ and a New mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perverse way, having the lounges is a good thing.
Limiting the number of people in a forum means they get to know each other better. Misc is fine but rather crowded. The Lounges are smaller, and more 'intimate'. I like it.

But then, that's just me.

100 posts on this subject. Time to close the thread???? - and I get the last word?

------------------
"Campaign for the re-introduction of English to the Americas."

[This message has been edited by Becky Ross (edited October 27, 2001).]

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. If we just accept and abide by the rules, all is well. I have heard of folks leaving the board over the issues discussed in this thread. I think that is childish and silly. When I first started, I couldn't access 10 Forward, but I didn't make an issue out of it. I just accepted that fact and posted elsewhere until I was able to access the Lounges.

I'm like the above poster, now that this thread has reached 100 posts, will it be closed or will the discussion be allowed to continue. It seems to me everyone has had their say that chose to.

What do you know? I finally got the last word in. 'Bones' McCoy, TOS

Edited for spelling error. Sorry.
------------------
'In the beginning, God...' Genesis 1, verse 1 - read by astronaut Frank Borman while orbiting the moon aboard Apollo 8 Christmas Eve, 1968.

[This message has been edited by Chakotay (edited October 28, 2001).]

A perspective

Dialogue:
-Part1-
Bus Driver: It doesn't matter who rides on the Bus!
Bus Driver: ok, only white people will be allowed to ride on the bus
Black Passenger: (Standing on Sidewalk) " I need to go downtown, that’s 4 miles away, I can’t walk! You won’t let me on the bus! That’s not fair, that’s discrimination!
Bus Driver: No it’s not, it doesn’t matter who rides on the Bus! Stop complaining!
White Passenger” (From Inside bus) yeah, it doesn’t matter who rides! Stop complaining!
Black Passenger: Why can’t I ride on the bus?
Bus Driver: because this Bus was made for White people, duh! And we have too many Black people now, we need to get back to having more white people, sorry!
White Passengers: (All sitting on the bus) Yeah, your all obsessed with riding on the Bus! It doesn’t matter! Hell, I’ll walk to work!
Black Passenger: that’s great, but my feet still hurt.

-Part2-
”The lounge” guard: (outside the main door) Sorry sir, you can’t come in here, you didn’t come here on a bus.
Black Customer: So I can’t come in here because I’m black?
Guard: No! We love black people; we just don’t let people in here that didn’t ride on the bus. It doesn’t matter who rides on the Bus! I just can’t let you in sir.

-Part3-
White lady: (In the street) Can someone tell me where the McDonalds is?
Black person: (In the street) Sure, go down that street and make a left.
White lady: Who the hell are you, I need to talk to someone that lives in this area
Black person: mam, I’ve lived in this town since I was born
White lady: hah! Yeah right! You don’t even ride on the bus!
Black person: It doesn’t matter who rides on the bus.
White person I know, but I just need to talk to someone that knows what they are talking about.

FYI: This is not a satire on the post count issue.

Originally posted by GotNoRice:
FYI: This is not a satire on the post count issue.

That's good, because it would be an extremely poorly reasoned, irrelevant and childishly inflamatory attempt at an analogy to say the least.
smile.gif

------------------
"Turn the volume down."
-- Brannon Braga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back