Chakotay and Seven on Earth

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by GulBahana, May 2, 2021.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kate and Rob had an affair.

Public knowledge.

It's highly likely during the throws of passion, at least once, that he called her "Captain".

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Ick !

3. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Different pairing have their fans and detractors. Back in my RHYTHM days, I had plenty of people rabidly supported the same pairing we opposed, and were very willing to tell us why we were wrong. Plenty of opposing clubs got made up as well.

I'm not a fan of C/7. I have a soft spot for J/C. If you feel otherwise, that's fine. In the end, neither ship sailed in canon, but there's probably a book/game/alternate reality where it did.

4. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was never a big J/C guy, but I did like Resolutions.

5. Guy Gardener

Resolutions was proof positive that not only would they never, ever, ever hookup, but that she would do it with a monkey first as as well.

I like to think that Tuvix put his Katra in Janeway shortly before he surrendered himself an episode earlier.

So that may explain the lack of heterosexual tension?

6. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

You're assuming that they didn't. If you assume that the episode was chronologically accurate, we had more than six weeks between the "meaningful hand holding" bit and Voyager's return to the planet. And at that point, things were already pretty steamy. Just because Janeway and Chakotay never talk about what came next doesn't mean nothing happened.

7. Coops

Coops Captain Captain

As much as I'd like that last bit to be true (because it throws open endless possibilities such as "Shuttle attempting re-entry!") it was only ever a predictable rumour.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  8. Guy Gardener

PreCaretaker Janeway tried to get a bit, but Chuckles turned her down, in Shattered.

That can mean one of two things...

1. He respected how much she established that they had a completely platonic relationship.

2. On the Resolutions planet, they laid into each other hard, and he did not care for it.

9. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

3. Worried about contamination of the timeline?

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what alpha-canonical sources you base that on, but even if she is bi, most of the female crew isn't, so that only increases the options by a handful.

11. Guy Gardener

Roddenberry said that every one at the academy in the 22nd century was bisexual. It's a hundred years later and maybe that shit is over with as each generation rebels against the sensibilities of the last.

12. JirinPanthosa

Even if that's true, though no canon material suggest the percentages are any different than they are in 2021 Earth, doesn't change that Seven's choice of Chakotay is based on a very small amount of options.

13. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm guessing Picard...

14. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Correct. Seven has since been confirmed to be "queer", though that can mean anything other than straight cis. She could be bisexual, bi-curious, lesbian, fluid, whatever. That's why I think LGBTQ is enough: no more letters, no plus signs, just figure that the Q covers whatever.

15. Guy Gardener

Have you seen Picard?

With a greater pool to draw upon than 70 eligible men, or Harry Kim... Anika went after a lady.

Although consider the sexual histories that Seven assimilated?

She's been a gay man having sex with gay men.

She's been a lesbian pretending she's almost just barely straight, long enough to get herself a baby.

She's been every gender and orientation of every species banging every other gender and orientation of every species or the same gender orientation and species.

Or at least she has the memories in her head of doing millions of sex acts from tens of thousands of different perspectives.

Smellovision.

16. JirinPanthosa

Ahh, I must have missed that detail in Picard or was that something communicated by producers?

But anyway in her four years on Voyager she had not realized that about herself yet. And even if she did, 5-6% of 70 people adds what, 4 or 5 options?

17. Guy Gardener

She narrowed it down to two blokes.

Was Chakotay the other one?

She hooked up with Raffi.

Michelle Hurd.

They are holding hands in the final scene.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  18. JirinPanthosa

If they’re trying to communicate proof of intimacy by holding hands, what do they think it’s still the 90s? That’s what they did when they still needed to sneak it by the censors.

I’m not saying that wasn’t their intent if they have confirmed it in interviews, but that’s sure not in-show proof. At most it’s innuendo.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  19. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

You can interpret it any way you like. I will do the same.

20. Guy Gardener

Earlier in the episode, they conveyed that a pair of straights were a couple by holding hands.

It's the same.

I launched War against Star Trek Beyond for not trying had enough to define Sulu's sexuality.

A hug?

What a pack of wussies.