CGI Enterprise for MS FSX

No, it is made for FSX using FSX modeling tools and textures, so it will not be compatible with FS2004. It is already too expensive to develop one of these models to justify making an FS9 version I'm afraid. This model took about $40,000 in labor to develop, just to give you an idea.

If you have not upgraded, you should, as there have been many enhancements and while you may end up with a numerically lower frame rate, you will see a better performance at that frame rate as well as better quality graphics.

Patrick

Just to let people know, the flyable version has been released. More importantly, if you downloaded the free studio model scenery, I just today fixed an error so you should download it again now. I had mistakenly zipped up a test version of the larger version positioned at an entirely different location, haha.

Anyway, the version up now has been tested and is correct. If you have trouble locating it I posted a map of how to get there on my forums too.

Let me know how you like it. The flyable version is even more accurate. =)

Enjoy.

Waugh said:
No, it is made for FSX using FSX modeling tools and textures, so it will not be compatible with FS2004. It is already too expensive to develop one of these models to justify making an FS9 version I'm afraid. This model took about $40,000 in labor to develop, just to give you an idea.

If you have not upgraded, you should, as there have been many enhancements and while you may end up with a numerically lower frame rate, you will see a better performance at that frame rate as well as better quality graphics.

Patrick
The only reason why I have not upgraded to FSX is that I do not think my computer could handle it. :(

LiChiu said:
The only reason why I have not upgraded to FSX is that I do not think my computer could handle it. :(

Ah, well you would likely be surprised. Basically, if you can run FS9, you can run FSX with similar performance (although it might look like you are getting a lower FPS), provided your video card is up to snuf.

Don't take the performance of the demo as what it will be like as they made many many tweeks and improvements in speed in SP1.

My computer is 3 years old, 2.7 MHz with only 1 Gig of RAM, and an nVidia 6600 and it gives me 25 FPS.

Hope that helps.

Waugh said:
Just to let people know, the flyable version has been released. More importantly, if you downloaded the free studio model scenery, I just today fixed an error so you should download it again now.
Enjoy.

Do you have to have the SIM to see the scenery, if so, is there any chance you can post a few shots out of the scenery file, so that we can drool? BTW, don't mean to offend and I'm not trying to pick nits, but the nacelle domes need to be color shifted a little to the burnt orange coloration and away from the purple/red hue. Just my thought.

KirkTrekModeler said:
Do you have to have the SIM to see the scenery, if so, is there any chance you can post a few shots out of the scenery file, so that we can drool?

There is a shot or two on the Benchmark forums.

BTW, don't mean to offend and I'm not trying to pick nits, but the nacelle domes need to be color shifted a little to the burnt orange coloration and away from the purple/red hue. Just my thought.

Well, you'll have to talk to Jeffries then, b/c those textures came from screen captures of the real deal. :angel:

Just goes to show you that you can't always trust your own memory.

Waugh said:
Well, you'll have to talk to Jeffries then, b/c those textures came from screen captures of the real deal. :angel:

Just goes to show you that you can't always trust your own memory.

I could argue that, but I wont. Suffice to say that I did screen captures for two different sites and I've seen those domes frame by frame, for years, but hey, each to his own.

Back