CGI Enterprise for MS FSX

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Waugh, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Waugh

Waugh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey guys,

I've finally pretty much finished.

[​IMG]

If you have FSX from Microsoft, you can fly over to the NASM and see the 11' footer for yourself after you download my free scenery.

I just realized I have to put the aft guidance lights back on, and then I'll post some more pics.

Patrick

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Allow me to do the honours for you...

3. Waugh

And here's a couple more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback comments welcome.

Let me first say that I already know that the darker color on the forward part of the interconnecting dorsal is from an early version, I was just liking it and playing with the look a bit.

Everything else is a replica of the 11' footer as close as I can get it.

4. Icy_Penguigo

Icy_Penguigo Captain Captain

Neato.

5. KirkTrekModeler

KirkTrekModeler Commander

That's awesome Waugh, I really can't wait to fly the Enterprise. WHOOT! You've done what virtually no other video game has done, made it possible to actually fly the Enterprise. I think 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rights came close, but I don't know of any others where you could actually fly the ship. This is so gonna rock!

6. Waugh

Well, we'll see... so far only about 200 people have downloaded the free scenery, so looks like this is not as popular as I had hoped.

Anyway, I'm off to update the NASM with correct data, since theirs seems a bit off. =)

Patrick

7. KirkTrekModeler

Free scenery? did I miss something, where do you get that?
    Give it time. when word gets out, if the interface is friendly, I guarantee you'll be flooded!

8. Waugh

Yes, you can download free FSX scenery of the studio model for FSX from http://shop.benchmark-avionics.com. Just register for the store, then once you login, you'll see a download button on the product page at the bottom. You don't have to order it, just click the download button.

The scenery places a studio scale model just outside the NASM, where the real one is located. You can fly over in a helicopter and see it just outside the gift shop.

Patrick

9. Waugh

The flyable version is almost done!

[image]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/Benchmark_Avionics/Sample_01.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/Benchmark_Avionics/Sample_02.jpg[/image]

The lower saucer won't be so light up in the final version.

10. KirkTrekModeler

Quote for pics

11. KirkTrekModeler

Basically you have to have the flight sim, before you can DL anything and see it....right?

12. Waugh

Ok, looks good to release tomorrow for any of you trekkies with MS FSX.

Although no phasers (yet) in the FSX version, I couldn't help recreating one of my fav shots. I'm going to have to learn a bit more about fx, but not to bad for my 1st attempt. I spent a few days getting things perfect. :)

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

13. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Not necessarily, there's always Bridge Commander and Legacy.

Nonetheless, very cool! :thumbsup:

14. Waugh

15. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neato.

16. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How I'd love to look up in the evening sky and see that! Beautiful work, Waugh.

17. KirkTrekModeler

That's what I like to hear. I'll definately be getting the flight SIM, just to try this. Can you get close in shots of the ship? How do you fly it, what're the view perspectives?

18. Waugh

The ship is quite large, and FSX allows you to zoom in and out and view from a variety of views including a spot view and even cameras that you customize with XML if desired.

[​IMG]

While you can zoom in quiet close, currently the way I have the modeled textured some of the smaller text decals are not really that readable or are even faked due to a limitation of the sim on max texture size.

However, I may eventually experiement with placing the decals on their own texture so that you can zoom right in and read them if desired. For now, I was more concerned with accurate geometry and the overall look.

Later, I'll use scans of the original decals and add some special effects, and even perhaps a shuttle craft and fully modeled shuttle bay. It just all depends on how popular it winds up being. That's what will drive how much additional resources are devoted to it.

I'd also like to maybe to the entire fleet, but we'll see.

19. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. LiChiu

LiChiu Commander Red Shirt

That looks great! Is it possible to get it to work on FS 2004?