CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

dmac likes this.
  2. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or maybe some childish comic book like last time

3. dmac

AxTrek is for kids!

Admiral2 likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has Lane actually written anything professionally? I didn't read the new page, but I did read the rest of it when it was posted before, and it definitely didn't read like he was.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

He didn't write the Arcanis comic. That was Trey McIlwain...and nobody writing the Axanar comics is a professional writer.

Jedman67 and dmac like this.
  6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Heh...yeah. That much is painfully obvious with that dialog. Reasonably good artwork, but the back-and-forth between the characters is quite cringe-worthy, IMO.

And it hadn’t occurred to me until just now that they used Abramsverse Klingon D-7’s in the artwork. Surprising considering how horribly “non-trek” AP pronounced the movies.

Jedman67, dmac and Admiral2 like this.
  7. dmac

(In my best Lane)
    Captain, sensors indicate (beat) wait for it, wait for it. boom! A bombshell is about to strike the ship.
    Boom chicka boom!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Admiral2 likes this.
  8. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

:brickwall: ... I talked about this before. The Klingons would not bombard the city with ransom, indiscriminate destruction. They would pick high-value military targets and take them out with pinpoint accuracy and avoid collateral damage. The real definition of Shock & Awe. :klingon: They're warriors, not terrorists. :klingon: They want to conquer, not unleash wanton carnage. They're not stupid. They know that they could use those facilities after they take the planet. They would want to take it as cheaply as possible, to include not having to rebuild everything.

Lynsioux and dmac like this.
  9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Sarge, there are bigger problems with the comic than misrepresentations of Klingon battle tactics...

Jedman67, jespah, dmac and 1 other person like this.
  10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: Definitely.

11. Reilly

Reilly Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've not read the latest one, but I've always been willing to give the comics a bit of a pass, since they are just fan-works. And at least someone's producing Axanar content ;)

Also, this was pointed out in the Axamonitor group, but the Axanar Productions blog on their patreon, includes this unsurprising line:

So once again, it was a crowd funding campaign for a building that they knew very well they weren't going to be staying in. As everyone predicted. I assume from this quote, it means the new facility will be big enough to house the bridge set in its assembled state (Alec's correctly identified it as the linchpin to keep building support around).

Admiral2 likes this.
  12. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just take it at face value; it's a star trek fancomic. A very mediocre one.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I was skimming through to see if it was the same as what was posted before, and I thought I saw his name in the credits.
    Is Paul Jenkins still writing the script for the movie? If so, I'm kind of surprised they didn't get him to write it for them. He's been writing comics for DC, Marvel, and tons of other people for over 20 years, so I'm pretty he could have done a much better job than McIilwain did.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Actually, Lane wrote an illustrated prose story called why we fight. It's on the Axanar site somewhere.

Paul Jenkins is still writing the main script as far as I know, but he's not doing the comics because the comics are not "official" Axanar presentatons. They are fan works, as is Lane's story. They are fan works based on material that doesn't exist yet. (I feel that needs to be made clear.)

Jedman67 and jespah like this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

How can you have fan works of a fan work that doesn't even exist yet.
    [​IMG]

Rincewiend likes this.
  16. carlosp

carlosp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Paul Jenkins is attached only to the Axanar shorts. That said, the Patreon promises a Kharn short story penned by "a New York Times-bestselling writer." While that doesn't specify Jenkins, it does describe him, and I think he's the only one of Peters' alleged former stable of published Trek authors he thought would write unlicensed works for him to turn into fundraising products.

17. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're obviously not of the body!

Admiral2 and DrCorby like this.
  18. carlosp

carlosp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New: AxaMonitor Daily, a newsletter with the day's Axa-news lovingly delivered to your inbox each day. I aim for a five-minute read each day, not so dense as some of my regular articles; you can sign up here. For now, here's a link to view today's full newsletter with the three main stories, or you can read each individually on the AxaMonitor site (links below):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope so, I'd hate to see him drag anyone else into this mess. I can't anybody who writes professionally for Trek right now doing it. Back when all this started and Peters was going to do a short story anthology, I think I remember one of the pro authors over in the literature forum saying they wouldn't be involved, because if they wrote a story for a project like that, they wouldn't be hired for professional Trek work ever again.

RedForman and Admiral2 like this.
  20. RedForman

RedForman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Knowing him, I wouldn't doubt it. He and Lane are too stupid though to pull one over on a competent Arson investigator/LEO.

137th Gebirg and Admiral2 like this.