CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Yes, any kind

77 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Donor perks or cash...........maybe gold bars. ;-)

Admiral2 likes this.
  2. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Well, I just hope it's not sushi/

Admiral2, Sgt_G and CorporalCaptain like this.
  3. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't be. He claims he sent all patches due

4. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, not exactly. ;)

5. Krandor

Whatever happened to Axanar:Origins DVD?

6. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

To comply with the CBS Guidelines, fan-films may not be released on DVD. Correct??

7. Krandor

Origins wasn't a fan film.

From the IGG

Origins" is first of many great projects that will be produced by Axanar Productions. This documentary is a must for any Axanar fan as it gives a behind the scenes look at the making of three different Axanar projects, as well as a deep dive into building the mythos of Axanar.

[​IMG]

1. The Making of Prelude to Axanar

An extended documentary looking at the making of Prelude to Axanar.

2. The Four Years War

A look at the various incarnations of the Four Years War with Alec Peters (Axanar), John Thiessen (FASA's The Four Years War supplement) and Stephen Fender (The Four Years War novels).

3. Shooting the Vulcan Scene

A behind-the-scenes look at the shooting of the Vulcan Scene from the unfinished AXANAR feature film – a project that launched a 13-month legal battle between Axanar Productions and CBS/Paramount

[​IMG]

4. The making of "Heroes"

In November 2015 the Axanar team shot a vignette about Garth of Izar on the sets of Star Trek New Voyages.

This documentary is being produced by the award winning Axanar team of Alec Peters, Robert Meyer Burnett and Diana Kingsbury and as a documentary, is fully protected by Fair Use Laws and not subject to any CBS guidelines.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK, that is a bit bigger than I expected when someone said it was in a strip mall, but I'm pretty sure it's still not even close to the kind of real studios you find in places like LA or Vancouver.
    I'm assuming the novels are fan fiction? I obviously don't have every official novel memorized, but I know enough to recognize the titles and authors, and I don't recognize either in this case.

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

It is, but it's famous fan fiction, and at one point it was the basis for AP's entire Axanar concept.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Ya, that is just a regular warehouse space . There is no soundproofing, the electrical supply is way to small (see the breaker box on the left) , there is no proper rigging for the lighting, etc.. I could go on but you get the picture. ;)

Admiral2 and KennyB like this.
  11. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

And does anyone have a status on this "first of many great projects that will be produced by Axanar Productions"?

Jedi_Master and Admiral2 like this.
  12. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

We filmed Project: Potemkin in an almost identical space in Albany, Georgia, from 2013 until the end 2014. 2000' sq ft was large enough for our bridge, ready room, transporter room, Klingon bridge, engineering room, sickbay and brig.

13. Krandor

so bascially similar to his previous "studio"

KennyB likes this.
  14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Nope. Untrue.

15. Triple-F

Triple-F Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is that a Captain America shield. Does that mean he’s . . no, he wouldn’t would he.

As for the boxes. Could be 9mm shells. Maybe he’s expecting another visit from Paramount.

Admiral2 likes this.
  16. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Indirectly related: Lucas the Spider creator put copyright claims against Daddy Spider, so all the Daddy Spider creator removed all his videos from YouTube.

What's sad is reading the user comments on YouTube and seeing how much misinformation there is about copyright law.

EDIT TO ADD: Well, it wasn't all bad. Here's a couple good exchanges:

Daddy spider easily falls under fair use and parody. I have unsubbed from the Lucas channel personally. Unfortunately though, the daddy spider channel is totally empty thanks to the strikes. Due to the number of strikes as well, I have a feeling daddy spider will have their channel deleted by YouTube.​

It's not a parody though, what Daddy Spider did was called a derivative. A parody would be to make fun of Lucas the Spider or even try to make some kind of commentary on Lucas the Spider but Daddy Spider did none of those things. Daddy Spider imitated Lucas and though it was fun, it was illegal​
    ------------
    I THOUGHT BOTH ACCOUNTS WHERE RUN BY THE SAME PERSON​

I did too at first.....People dont understand that is exactly why the creator of Lucas went after Daddy Spider's creator. If the Daddy spider videos suddenly took a dark turn and started becoming politcal or racial at some point than that would make viewers think that Lucas' creator is doing that. I dont really blame him. They were cute but not the same quality.​

So, it appears that a few people actually do understand the rational behind it all.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  17. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

John just had a heart attack.

I'll be back in several pages.

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Who?

KennyB likes this.
  19. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some guy I know.

20. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Starlord, man...The legendary outlaw... Guys?

Nerys Myk, Amaris and 137th Gebirg like this.