CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

I once asked an intern of mine to put a link on a website I was building to the National Autistic Training Organisation (or something like that). I think you can all figure out what happened next...

2. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

World peace through therapy sounds like a good idea.

3. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I just noticed a blurb on FB for an Axanar shoot caption contest. No, I didn't. Didn't even click on it. Sometimes I'm astonished by my own self-restraint. :)

dmac likes this.
  4. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also have a waning interest in the Axanar saga. Looking at the released material coming out. it appears subpar to the average fan film production with a heavy recycled mix of past great prelude acting.
    Meanwhile some post of a guy sitting in a chair and everybody is having visual orgasms over it.
    I wish I knew how they do that.... I mean get so much attention over nothing. I can't say anything because I've worked with some of these actors over the last couple of years and only wish them the best.

Potemkin studio's move to Kentucky is going well. Studio four will be bigger and better than ever.

22 months ago I provided funding to for a film studio just north of Moscow. In 2020 I'll take a look at trust fund options before releasing any secondary funding for non IP conflicting projects.
    Lots of exciting stuff coming up across the country, don't be afraid to indulge in it.

jespah likes this.
  5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^The end of that last post was weirdly stream-of-consciousness.

6. dmac

Weird is good, right?

jespah and Admiral2 like this.
  7. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

Looks like donor tunics are in according to the latest video in the donor's group, but AP wants to charge us for shipping. The amount of money donated should no more than cover the cost of the tunic, and the shipping. The rank stripes (everyone get Lieutenant if you want Captain you have to pay extra), and the patches haven't even been sewed on yet. This is so not what I was expecting originally, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised out of something that AP doesn't consider to be an Axanar perk, just a tunic. Well it is a perk since it was offered in 3 fundraisers. If I thought there was a chance I could get my money back, I'd ask for it.

dmac, Admiral2 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It is amazing how AP manages to move the goalposts on literally everything he does. I guess that's what "lawyers by training" do.

dmac, mthompson1701 and Admiral2 like this.
  9. dmac

Me thinks Trekman speaks with derivative* tongue.

* Derivative, form of asset that be divided, combined and traded with zero defined underlining value.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  10. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That's the Starship Farragut set. Guy on the right played McCoy for Continues in the first group of episodes.

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  11. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

There's a great line in this about the 4:44 point. It was talking about a planned / canceled web series Star Trek: Final Frontier, but it fit so very well here:

"When you never actually make the show, it's pretty hard to screw it up."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admiral2, dmac and 137th Gebirg like this.
  12. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is a kernel of truth in that. Alec doesn't have to produce Axanar. He just has to promise that it is what Star Trek fans really want, and he would have made it if not for mean old CBS. It's a classic huckster line because people imagine what they want Axanar to be, and how awesome it would be. So much better than that nasty old Discovery.

13. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    That's Chuck Huber? Sure didn't recognise him! ;)

14. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An complete display of the type of person Alec Peters is..

15. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Sounds exactly like the Tardigrades game. Maybe Abdin needs to team up with Peters for the official Axanar game?

dmac and fireproof78 like this.
  16. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    That doesn't look like Larry Nemecek to me.

dmac likes this.
  17. Serveaux

Teaser trailer they were hyping in fundraising emails yesterday - consists of recycling work other people did for him years ago. Of course.

dmac likes this.
  18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

He’s looking worn out and his hair has turned almost entirely white when it was completely dark brown only a couple of years ago. I think the stress of all this foolishness is getting to him physically. It’s amazing, the soul, mind and body-crushing power of long-term deception. To oneself and others.

His body language, non-verbals and nervous reaction formations are all over the place in that video. I’m truly shocked that such a learned deceiver like him can barely pass the sniff test in a deposition. That dude would never be able to get a poly-related clearance. Wouldn’t even need a poly, he’s such a terrible liar. Eyes shifting all over the place, unable to lock on one person or in one direction for more than a couple seconds, shuffling through prop papers to answer nearly every question... Yeah, only a matter of time before the wolves close in on this one.

At least it looks like he’s finally retired his aqua t-shirt.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^I think he was dying his hair back at the beginning of this debacle. And some people go grey pretty fast anyway.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    137th Gebirg likes this.
  20. Serveaux

I went from mostly dark to grey in about three years.