News CBS Making new animated shorts for the 50th Anniversary of TAS

I disagree with this part, having rewatched it about a year ago. A 50' Spock clone, Spock drawing a pentagram on the rec room floor and doing magic, Kirk shooting phasers out his fingers, white space with black stars... not all the episodes had it but a few certainly did! At least when coming to them with an adult's perspective vis-a-vis the live action Trek.
Me and a coworker have a running joke about Kirk's solving the mystery in the episode Jihad. "It's on a high ledge, and you have wings. Therefore you did it!" "Damn! My clever plan foiled!"

Me and a coworker have a running joke about Kirk's solving the mystery in the episode Jihad. "It's on a high ledge, and you have wings. Therefore you did it!" "Damn! My clever plan foiled!"
Most of the episodes of TAS I love I will staunchly defend and I'm right in doing so.

But I can't help it. I love The Jihad. I know it's kind of goofy. But it's kind of not. And I think it's just cool.

That was really good. It's rare these sorts of things make me belly-laugh, but they got me a couple of times.

It's a shame they had to do
the Prodigy characters
as 2D-cutouts, but I get it. It's a quick thing for a joke.

Leave it to the Prodigy guy to give us the best of these Short Treks. We also got a little prodigy in it. If Terry Matalas wasn't around, I would give the franchise to Aaron Waltke right now.

Leave it to the Prodigy guy to give us the best of these Short Treks. We also got a little prodigy in it. If Terry Matalas wasn't around, I would give the franchise to Aaron Waltke right now.

I couldn't even find writing credits to 2 of the first 3 episodes.

I think the second was penned by a literal SNL writer.

Back