Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

YES! I’ve been saying this since Boseman was in 42.

Terrell was roughly Kirk’s age, so he’d have been a junior officer, but there’s no reason why he couldn’t appear.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I might have to use Boseman as my mental image for Terrell when I do a reread of Vanguard and when I read Seekers for the first time.

Captain Clark Terrell likes this.
  3. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What about T'Ryssa Chen? Anybody have any ideas about who would be ideal to portray her?

It kind of strikes me that in some ways, she talks like a very young Teri Garr, but that hardly fits with her being half Vulcan, nor with her Human ancestry being Asian.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You can search back through this thread for past suggestions. I think the most credible one I saw was an actress named Charlene Choi.

SolarisOne likes this.
  5. 20fridge

20fridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think other people have suggested this before, but I imagine her as being played by Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHIELD.

6. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I will note that from his first appearance, I've always heard Admiral Akaar speaking in the late Skip Homeier's voice. Sure, he played two bad guys in ST, and (if I remember right) at least one in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, but he also played one of the good guys in at least one of his two appearances on Quincy.

7. Kilana2

Kilana2 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who would be suited to portray a young Curzon Dax?

8. Christopher

I think I decided on Alan Tudyk for that.

Kilana2 likes this.
  9. Kilana2

I had to google him. But now I have a potential face for Curzon's character.

10. Christopher

^You had to Google Alan Tudyk? That's surprising. These days it's getting harder to find anything that he, or at least his voice, hasn't been in.

11. Kilana2

I'm not a passionate TV watcher..... I'm too busy with reading Trek novels.....:D

trampledamage likes this.
  12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking Victor Garber as Admiral Akaar.

Because Garber kind of looks like the actor who played his father (the High Teer) in TOS.

As for Alan Tudyk? Good luck getting him to appear in anything Trek-related. He's had some less than kind remarks about Trek in the past (I believe his exact words were "Star Trek is for pussies"). So if he turns up, I would be VERY surprised.

Although now that I think about it, he would make a pretty good Curzon...

13. Christopher

Incidentally, I've just had occasion to reread a DS9 novel from the "Relaunch" era, and I found myself mentally casting Shar (a character I never had a good mental casting for before) as Jesse Rath of Defiance and Supergirl. It's true that he played white-haired aliens in both of those shows and a blue-skinned one in the latter, so that would seem to make him a good fit for an Andorian character, but my reason for connecting him with Shar was actually more to do with his voice, which is close to the way I'd previously imagined Shar's voice sounding.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, that is pretty good.

15. Frisco Del Rosario

Frisco Del Rosario Ensign Red Shirt

Provide a source for that quote?

Alan Tudyk has played hillbillies in horror movies, racist baseball managers, beloved cargo ship pilots. We Browncoats (members of Firefly fandom) adore this guy, and I can't believe he'd say something so negative for print.

nightwind1 likes this.
  16. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you a collective?

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

I thought Alan Tudyk did have some generally positive things to say about Star Trek in the DVD commentaries for Firefly?

Frisco Del Rosario likes this.